Chapter 5

The upcoming morning was very quiet indeed. Everyone was sitting by the table, eating their breakfast. But the silence wasn't awkward, no. It was comforting, calming somehow. Chewing on a piece of bread I wasn't hungry at all, just like any other mornings, but Ann insisted breakfast is very important to get the energy to start the day, so I didn't have much of a choice.

"Ah, by the way Mister Geralt, thank you for the great time we had yesterday! I didn't have so much fun in a long time."

And the warm atmosphere was ruined. Thank you, Wendy. 'Cannot they discuss this elsewhere?' As a person with a rather awkward and shy personality, I found it inappropriate to discuss personal matters in the presence of other people, and I found Sex, which I assumed happened between them, a VERY person aspect of a persons' life. I just found it embarrassing, and felt like I should leave as soon as the conversation took this turn, which is exactly what I did. Quickly, and rather not lady-like, I devoured the last bits of my meal before taking off to the gardens, where birds always sing by this hour the loveliest.

"How are you feeling?"

Vesemir slowly approached me, taking his seat next to me in the grass.

"I'm great actually, thanks to you Mist- I mean uncle Vesemir."

I smiled. Today was a good day, which made me feel even better. The shining sun and blooming blossoms were making my mood positive. Vesemir was so kind as to stay with me in the room for the whole night after that 'little incident', making me feel protected and safe enough to actually fall asleep.

"I suppose you would like to hear what happened?"

"I'd love to, if you would."

"Well, you see, we were ambushed by a Bruxa. A higher vampire that vents mostly in the night, looking for its' prey. We seemed to be the unlucky victims this time. She crept up on us, attacked so swiftly I couldn't respond in time. I'm so sorry. I guess I'm getting too old."

His hand was grasping the handle of his silver sword. He seemed uneasy. Why would he be so upset? 'It's not like the injury is so bad...'

"There is nothing to apologize for, you see? You risked your life to kill that Bruxa to save me. If it wouldn't be for you, my corpse would be lying dead somewhere in the wild."

"But was it not for me, you wouldn't of come to such a place in the first way."

His frown deepened the wrinkles between his eyebrows.

"Was it not for you, I would be long dead by now... You saved my life more than once, more than twice, and I cannot thank you enough. What is a little cut in comparison to what you have done for me so far? For us? We are both safe and sound, is it not what matters the most? If it was anyone's fault, it was the Bruxas', not yours. End of it!"

I smiled at my friend, which seemed to brighten his spirit as well. A little gasp was heard.

"Does it hurt?"

"Yes, I must have been moving around too much."

I scratched the back of my head like a little kid who just got in trouble and was about to be scolded by their mother. I was scoped up within a second, but by who? Couldn't been one of my sisters, the persons hands were masculine hands of a man. Vesemir was still sitting on the grass... Which means...

"You have a lot of explaining to do, kid."

I was kidnapped by the White Wolf.