Chapter 9

„Alright, I'm off! "

I shouted, exiting thru the main door. Today was a lovely day for some shopping and the marketplace was filled with so many people it was difficult to move around. Our food supplies were running low, so it was time to go pick up some fish, meat, vegetable and other stuff. Also, a drink would be nice. Ever since the day Geralt suddenly came onto me and I kind of left my handprint on his left cheek, he has gone missing. Uncle Vesemir reassured me there was nothing to worry about. Mister Geralt was an experienced Witcher, more than capable of taking care of himself. "He is probably just somewhere out there, whoring and drinking." Is what uncle said when asked why he isn't concerned with his student's absence.

"Ah, excuse me."

I shouted over the noisy citizens chatting merrily as I tried to make my way towards a fresh fish stand. Picking a few pieces and paying for them, a tavern was the next stop. While celebrating Vesemir's homecoming we drank all the booze, so now we had to get that as well. Reaching for the handle oh the entrance door to the tavern, someone roughly wrapped their arm around mine, dragging me forcefully into a dark rotted alley. The items bought scattered all around the ground, and a sharp object pointed to my throat.

"Lookie what we have 'ere, boys! A woman all on her own. Oh, don't be scared darlin', We ain't gonna kill ya, we just wanna play a bit! "

One of the three attackers said, reaching for my blouse. The buttons slowly coming loose as I struggled, quickly earning a sharp slap over my cheek.

"Look bitch, stop movin' or it ain't gonna be pretty for ya! "

A second man spoke, the one holding a sharp shard from a broken bottle to my neck. 'Is he threatening to kill me?!?' I ceased my movement immediately.

"P-please... Please let me go! I-I can give you gold... Just don't hurt m-me, please..."

I felt the fresh air hit my bare chest, arching my back quickly to be as far away from those monsters as possible. But it didn't do anything. The third person soon came to grasp one of my breasts and rather harshly tugging on it, making me squeak and ready myself to scream for help. As I opened my mouth, a dirty cloth was shown into it, rendering me unable to call out to anyone.

"Be a good girl and you will be able to enjoy this as well."

Spoke the third man, coming closer to me and grinding his hips into mine while ripping my skirt off me. I wept silently as the three men touched me and prepared for the worst when they started one by one taking their belts and trousers off. My wrists were already bloodied from the strong hold they were locked in, the blood slowly traveling from my hands that were held above me down my arms to my shoulders, neck and between my breasts. Cold weather biting at my skin, sharply shaped stones beneath me cutting into my feet. From around the corner, voice of people who didn't know what was going on, merrily continuing their daily life not sparing a glance into the alleyway. Why would they? It smelled like piss and vomit there, making me gag from disgust. One of them opened my legs, positioning himself on from of my entrance. Just when he was going to move, his head went flying. Red was everywhere. The other two quickly turned around, forgetting about me and facing their opponent.

"Get lost, scum!"

One spitted, holding out the sharp shard as a proof that he has a weapon to defend himself with, maybe even use to attack and kill whoever was your saviour.

"You were about to rape a defenceless woman, yet you are calling ME scum? Guess you need to learn a lesson."

A deep, throaty voice responded, yellow cat-like eyes shining in the shadow. Not a second later the sound of one shielding their sword was heard. I crawled around, gathering the remains of my clothes, trying to wrap them around myself to shield my bare body from a person's eyes. It didn't help much. All that was left were shreds, nothing more. Nothing that could be called clothes anymore, for it covered nothing. Turning around when I heard an ear killing screech, I saw a muscle fall to the ground. 'Is that... a tongue....?!'

"This is so that you won't be able to threaten her ever again."

Their hands departed from their bodies falling to the ground.

"This is so that you won't be able to touch her ever again."

Their eyeballs were gouged out.

"This is so that you won't be able to look at her ever again."

"And this..."

He thrusted his sword into the between of their thighs towards their .... Ahem.... Private area.

"This is so that you won't have a reason to touch her ever again."

The men fell to the ground. Wheezing and screeching, it was as plain as a day they were in great pain. I was swept into the strong arms of my saviour, who draped his cape over my barely covered body. We left the alley and the men in it to die either from not being able to handle the pain, or from loosing too much blood. Their death was certain. Not a word was spoken between us as Mister Geralt quickly carried me in the direction of my home. Block dots appeared in my vision and my head started to spin. I could feel my consciousness slipping away, but before I stilled into the dark, I uttered my last words.

"G-geralt.... Thank y-you..."