A New Beginning

You see I came to Virginia to study at a university which I did. I graduated and found myself a job. With that set, I bought a house after a couple of years. I moved here when I was 20 years old and now I'm soon going to turn 26. My birthday is coming, Beth always surprises me. This isn't anything new. My parents passed when I was 15, Beth has always been there for me since then. She looked out for me so I'm happy that she's here now.

We all finished up our breakfast and I volunteered to wash the dishes. Beth is always concerned about me. She kept on talking to Luis but in the other room.
"She's an awesome girl," Beth said.
"Of course she is, just look at here all anyone ever needed," Luis said.
I came into the room without a single sound.
"What are we going to do today?" I asked wiping my hands on a dry cloth. They had a look in their faces that made me want to laugh so hard. I could have seen Luis thinking hard.
"Well we can go shopping," said Beth.
Luis looked at her like if he was about to hit her on  the head. For fun purposes.
"Beth, Luis is a guy he won't want to go shopping with us," I stated while laughing.
She turned her face, she was mummering but I couldn't hear anything. We agreed to go swimming instead which I don't mind,I love swimming. I went to my room to change. I was searching in my closet to find the best bathing suit to wear. I was still thinking about what  I was going to do, but I needed to get my mind off things for now. I heard foot steps coming by my door. Whenever I'm alone I would sing to myself and that's what I was doing. I got scared because I don't want anyone to hear me and tell me words. I just shut my mouth and didn't say a word. I heard it getting louder and louder.
"Beth?" I asked sounding confused.
No answer so I slowly went by the door and there he was. The tall handsome boy I called my best friend.
"Uh what are you looking for?" I asked stuttering a bit.
He then gently pulled me closer to him. I was shocked. He played with the hair that was on my face. He yet never said a word. Until.
"Elizabeth, you have the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen." he said.
I was speechless. We both heard footsteps coming from downstairs. I quickly grabbed him and pulled him into my room, and locked the door. He fell down and I laughed at him a little.
"Elizabeth are you ready?" she asked yelling.
"No almost though!" I replied back.
"Have you seen Luis? he just magically disappeared." she asked a bit concerbed.
"No I haven't must have taken a walk outside I guess." I stated back to her.
She went down back and I was terrified to death. I just lied to my cousin who's like my oldest sister. She'll kill me for sure. I looked at Luis,  he had already got up and sat on my bed playing with the bathing suit I was going to put on.
"Luis why did you come all the way up here?" I asked him.
" Well I wanted to see my best friend, she's special to me." he replied while standing up.
He got closer to me but I stepped back. I grabbed my suit and told him that I was going to go change. He nodded at me. I ran to the bathroom as quick as possible. I couldn't believe what was happening, I felt lost and confused. I picked a mint green bathing suit which was a 2 piece. I changed into that and I  loved it. I went back to my room and he was gone. I didn't see him anywhere there so I got my stuff and went down to the living room. There he was sitting on the sofa talking to Beth about places we could go swim. I went into the kitchen for a glass of water. I heard the door open and closed, guess they were ready to leave. I got in Beth's car, she complained on taking only hers and not mine nor Luis's one. We stopped at a local Super market to buy snacks and refreshments for our trip, it was already 11:00 am. After an hour of driving we arrived at The Lodge, a resort kind of place. We got a pool for ourselves, no one really was there anyway. I got in first, then Beth and Luis didn't want to enter the pool as we arrived. Beth and I talked in the pool about finding jobs and that she thinks she wants to move in with me. I wasn't expecting any of this at all.