Chapter 9: The New Kid

Kylie's POV

My parents didn't leave me alone all weekend long, bugging me about who this mysterious guy was in our house while they were gone. Matty had such a big mouth I could kill him for it! He was such a boob.

After checking myself in the mirror I finally skipped down the stairs and sat at the breakfast table. I was wearing contacts today instead of glasses, it felt different but also good. I wanted to look better, for Jake. That is ridiculous considering we are just friends with benefits and nothing else, but still I just wanted to look pretty. I was still giddy about the whole thing that happened with Jake until my brother ruined everything. I think I was starting to really like Jake, which wasn't the best decision out there . . .

Suddenly my phone started ringing and made me jump, causing me to spill the milk I had been pouring into my cereal bowl all over myself. Ugh, why am I such a cluts?!

"Hello?" I answered frantically grabbing some paper towels and trying to dry off my clothes, it was useless.

"Hey babe," Jake's deep voice came from the other end. I smiled to myself, then scowled, he was the reason I would have to change again!

"What?" I asked slowly climbing the stairs to my room.

"I was wondering what your doing and why your taking so long?" He said, I forgot he was picking me up this morning!

"Well now I'm all wet and I have to change so it'll be like five more minutes,"

He started laughing hysterically on the other end. Only then did I realize what I had just said.

"I knew I could make you wet from just talking to you," He said, I could just picture his smirk right now, what a jerk.

"I didn't mean it like that I was just-"

"Just get out to the car so I can make you wet for real," He whispered then hung up. What a jerk!!

I searched through my closet and found a nice pair of jeans and a plain black T-shirt that was really tight but it would have to do for now, I was running late and I didn't want to make Jake late either. I ran downstairs and right out the front door, grabbing my backpack on the way and slamming the door, making sure it was locked before I dashed out to Jake's car. I slid in the passengers seat and as soon as I was buckled Jake turned towards me, grabbed my chin, and kissed me, right then and there. Making my heart pound uncontrollably in my chest so loud I think Jake could hear it.

"God, I love your lips," He whispered, his lips were inches away from mine and his eyes still closed with a smirk on his face. He was so cute. I leaned forward and pecked his lips once more before turning in my seat and pulling down the little visor thing with the mirror on it to check how I looked.

"Your not wearing glasses today?" Jake said as he started driving down the road towards school.

"Nope, I got contacts," I said smiling at him, but he just frowned.

"I don't like it," I gasped when he said that. What the hell? I couldn't even wear contacts and look good and he hated it?!

"Why not?!" I yelled at him. He glanced over at me with a painful expression on his face.

"It makes you too beautiful, I can't control myself at school if you look that pretty, I'll be forced to take you back to the supply closet and tear off your clothes and st-"

"Ok! I've heard enough!" I yelled covering my ears. He smirked.

"I just don't want other people to see how beautiful you are, especially guys," He whispered, almost as if he was embarrassed, and slipped his fingers through mine, keeping his eyes on the road. I rolled my eyes, he just wanted me to look ugly so no one else could see my "true" beauty or whatever?! Bull, I wanted to look pretty too!