Part V: Daisy

(Italics) Past Memory

(Namjoon POV)

I don't know how long I stayed there on the kitchen floor. Hell, I don't even know how I ended up curled into a ball, my back against the drawers. Had I fallen asleep? There was sunlight leaking through the window....actual sunlight. There weren't any clouds today...which was odd. It was bright, almost too bright. It hurt my eyes, and yet I pulled myself up and stood to stare out the window. I suddenly wanted to be outside...I needed to be outside.

My body moved on its own then, leading me slowly out of the kitchen and towards the back door. I eagerly reached out and turned the door knob, pulling it open. I was greeted with a cool breeze and the bright morning light. The grass in the yard was sparkling with early morning dew, and I could hear the clear song of the long tailed tit. The air was crisp, cold as it entered my lungs, and every time I exhaled, I could see my breath. There was something so sweet about this...I felt so...free..

A second long tailed tit joined the song of the first. I lifted my head to look for it in the branches of a nearby tree. There they were, little brown birds singing together in the tree. They were huddled together, their feathers fluffed up, most likely for warmth. A sudden chill passed through me and I shivered, wrapping my arms around myself. It was cold out here, and yet, I couldn't bring myself to go back into the safety of my home.

Seokjin and I were approaching our one year anniversary. I had met this beautiful man exactly one year and six months ago. He had made my life meaningful again, Jin was more precious than any flower. For our anniversary, I wanted to do something special, so I decided to call up my longtime friend and former co-worker, Yoongi.

The call tone rang for a while before he picked up on the other end.

"Hello?" Yoongi asked, his voice as calm as always.

"Hi Yoongi! I wanted to ask you a favor...and Jimin, too, if he's with you." I chewed my lower lip as I waited for a response.

"I'm listening..and yes, Jimin is here." Yoongi gave a small chuckle, I could hear Jimin excitedly announcing his presence somewhere in the background.

"Alright, well, Seokjin and I have our anniversary coming up.." Just saying those words made me smile. "And I decided I wanted to give him something special..."

Seokjin had moved in with me a couple months earlier, and I knew this would be the perfect gift. When we first met, he mentioned that his dream was to have a flower garden. Jin had tried, but failed many times to grow his flowers. I also remember him telling me that daisies were his favorite, because they were the only ones that survived his gardening. So, as a gift, I wanted to plant a flower garden in my..in our backyard. I had already bought all the potted flowers and tools, but I needed more sets of hands to finish on time.

After explaining all this to Yoongi and Jimin, I heard their voices speaking in hushed tones before they both enthusiastically agreed. I told them to be here asap before hanging up. My next call was to my boss, Taehyung. His deep voice answered the phone almost instantly. After all, he had helped plan this whole thing. I reminded him to keep my precious Jin busy, and to pass the message along to Hoseok. Hoseok was a great entertainer, so I knew my Jin was in good hands with those, too.

My final call was to the youngest in our group of friends, Jungkook. He knew about the plan as well, so all I had to do was remind him that today was the day. His wife, Soomi, had offered to prepare lunch to bring so we could eat as we worked, and I was hesitant to agree. After all, she was almost four months into her pregnancy...but she insisted, saying that she wanted to contribute to such a happy occasion. I accepted and thanked both of them before hanging up. That was done, now all I had to do was wait..