👽

~Venus~

When I woke up, I wasn't in the bunker

When I woke up, I wasn't in the bunker. I was underneath my covers in my room. Jahseh was next to me. He looked over at me and smiled.

"Venus, you're awake." He said while giving me a light kiss on the cheek.

"What happened?"

Jahseh looked at me like he was confused. "Nothing. You fell asleep while we were watching movies. I love the people in the box. They are so interesting."

I looked over at the TV which was now off. "Are you sure that's all that happened?"

"Yes? Is something bothering you?" He asked out of concern.

I rubbed the back of my neck. It was smooth. No lump. No device. Nothing. I wrapped my arms around Jahseh and he pulled me close to him. We hugged for awhile. I didn't want him to leave me. Not again.

"You hug me like I've been gone for years or something." He whispered into my ear.

"I just really need this right now." I whispered back to him. He just nodded and hugged me tighter.

"Jahseh...I need to tell you something." That's when I pulled away. Our eyes instantly met. "I Lo-"

"Venus wake up!" I heard a voice echo. Jahseh began to fade away along with my room. It all became a blur. I began to panic and scramble around, searching for him.

"Jahseh!!!" I woke up shouting. Everyone looked at me like I was going insane. My eyes scanned the scenery and I was back in the bunker. I placed my hand behind my neck and felt the stitches. I sighed and tears began to form in my eyes. "I remember now..." I said to myself.

"Who is Jahseh?" Damarcus asked me.

"An old friend." I answered quickly.

"Oh." He replied, not to fond of my answer.

"Darling, you need some more rest." His mother insisted.

I just nodded and everyone went back to what they were doing. They left me alone for now. I couldn't fall back to sleep, not without knowing where Jahseh is.

Damarcus was still by my side. He rubbed my back gently. I turned over to look at him. He could tell I was about to cry.

"What's bothering you? Is it the cut I made?"

I shook my head a little bit. "No...I just have a lot on my mind."

He grabbed a hold of my hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. "Whatever it is, you can talk to me about it. I'm here for you Venus."

"We just met. You're talking to me like we've known each other for awhile."

"That's just how I feel. There's something special about you."