👽

~Jahseh~

Venus told me to just stay in the house for the time being

Venus told me to just stay in the house for the time being. After her encounter at school, I wasn't sure if it was even safe to walk around. I sighed. I can never do anything.

She skipped out on staying after school to help with the dance decorations. Instead, she came to see me. Her presence really helped soothed my soul I supoose.

Not sure if I have one but I read  about it one of her many books she kept.

"Are you alright?" Venus asked as she set her book bag on the desk.

"I'm fine. Don't worry about me." I tried to reassure her. Even though I was not so sure anymore.

I've only been here on earth for a good couple of weeks. That whole situation with that Nico guy is now weighing heavily on me. I could possibly be exposed or worse.

"Don't lie to me." Venus said as she took out her notebook.

"I can assure you that I'm not lying." I laughed.

She just rolled her eyes. Her whole mood was way off. She's usually bubbly or happy.

I placed my hand over hers. Her touch was warm and welcoming. I haven't felt this way about anyone since Charity.

The thought of falling in love again scared me so much. I refused to give in. My hand drifted away from hers.

"Do you want to go to the homecoming dance with me?" She turned around and said.

I just stared at her. "Ummm...."

"Ugh forget it. Sorry I asked."

"Venus calm down. I didn't even get a chance to answer."

"You're already a suspect. I don't want to put you in anymore danger. Not with the government lurking around here more often than usual."

I shrugged. "They don't scare me. I'll go with you but I don't know how to dance."

She smiled and got up from the chair. "I'll show you." Venus pulled me to the middle of her floor. "Hold your hand up." I did as she said.

"Then what?" I asked still confused.

Her fingers laced in between mine. "Put your hand on my lower back."

"Uh what?" She guided my hand and placed it on her lower back. I could feel myself tensing up.

"Relax Jah." Venus giggled. She placed her free arm on my back gently. "Now, one two three, one two three." She began to move but I was stumbling way to much.

Majority of the time, I either stepped on her foot or knocked us off balance. Venus did nothing but laugh. I was getting irritated.

"Not funny!" I shouted at her.