👽

~Venus~

I darted to the restroom after slapping Zamir. Seeing him just reminded me of that day our parents were taken away. I couldn't face him at all. I pushed open the door to the bathroom, knocking over a girl who was getting ready to come out.

"You bitch!" She screamed at me.

"Sorry geez." I told her but didn't really mean it.

"Yeah, you'll be sorry in a few. Fucking geek!" She stomped out of the bathroom. I could hear her heels clicking against the floor.

A few minutes after she left, I heard a knock at the door.

"Venus...come out here. I want to talk to you." Zamir said.

His voice rang through my head, not in a good way. I didn't want to hear his voice or see his face.

"Go away!" I shouted. There was no way I was coming out of here unless it was Jahseh.

"I know we ended on bad terms but please, just give me a chance to explain."

"Nothing you say now matters. You did what you did!"

"I had no choice!"  I was becoming so fed up with his constant excuses. I swung the door open really hard. It banged into the wall.

"You did have a choice. You had a choice to not break my heart but you did. You had a choice to not sleep with my whore of a foster sister but you did. You had a choice to stay by my side when our parents were taken but you didn't. You always had a damn choice Zamir!"

He shook his head, letting out a deep sigh.

"That time I spent the night at your house, your foster sister threatened to destroy everything you had that reminded you of your parents. I had no choice but to that. She said that was the only way to stop her. If I..... slept with her..." He choked up a little bit  while saying those words.

I just looked at him, forcing tears to not fall. I always hated how emotional I could get sometimes.

"The day our parents were taken, I tried my best to stay by your side. But I saw those men torturing my mother because she refused to get in the van. I had to leave and go save her."

"I never noticed that happening."

"No one could hear her screams over the thousands of children whimpering and whining for their parents." Zamir's hands began to tremble.

"So much has been happening with him, right before my eyes. I'm such a horrible friend. I never caught on." He just grabbed a hold of my hand, giving it a gentle squeeze.

"I just wanted to see you again. I miss you."

Before I could say anything, I saw Jahseh coming in our direction. I quickly snatched my hand out of his.

"Where have you been?" I asked him as he approached where Zamir and I were standing.

"Exploring." He shrugged, then looked over at Zamir. "Whose he?"

"This is my childhood best friend. Zamir."

Jah just stared at him.

"Nice to meet you??"

"His name is Jahseh." I spoke up for him. Zamir held his hand out but Jah didn't shake it.

"Well I think it's time for me to go. Here's my number." Zamir handed me a napkin with his number printed on it. I quickly took it.

Once he left, Jah backed me up into a wall. His eyes slowly glowed green.

"Childhood best friend? I'm not that dumb Venus. I know he means more to you than that."