👽

~Jahseh~

The whole time I was sitting in the back of this police car, I forgot about my ability to teleport. The ride was becoming to long and I couldn't wait any longer.

I closed my eyes and focused on the location of the hospital. Before I knew it, I was in the main lobby. I walked up to the receptionist desk.

"I'm looking for Venus..."

She looked up at me and gave me a weird expression. "Are you sure you don't need to be admitted?"

Her co-worker looked over at me and began to giggle.

"Just tell me where Venus Lo'field is..." I was getting annoyed already. I'm trying to be polite here and she wants to crack some lame ass jokes.

"She's in room 405." The receptionist handed me a Visitors Pass sticker. I snatched it out of her hand and walked down the narrow hallway. I had to wait until some people passed by before teleporting into her room.

Doing that to much sometimes drains my energy. I was already feeling dizzy. Venus was still asleep or unconious. She was laying in the bed and I could barely stand to look at her this way. This was all my fault.

She had a broken arm and stitches in her forehead. I took a deep breath and approached her slowly. My fingers traced where they had to stitch her up. It felt weird.

Those healing powers would come in handy right about now. But since she's human, she just has to endure this for now. They take longer to heal than us aliens do.

My fingers went from stitches to the side of her cheeks, then her lips. I outlined them. They felt soft.

Get ahold of yourself Jasheh. I scolded at myself in my mind.

Her hand began to move a little. I grabbed a hold of it and her eyes fluttered open. She looked over at me but didn't smile.

Instead Venus turned her head away from me slowly.

"I'm sorry Venus....I know you must hate me right now."

She didn't turn back around.

"Venus!" I heard a girls voice shout. It was her friend Sabrina. She came rushing through the door, holding a basket of whatever was inside. She also brought a teddy bear.

Venus turned her head when she heard her voice. I just stepped out of the room. I let my anger get the best of me.

~~

I left the hospital to give her some space. Even though it wasn't safe for me to be out like this, I didn't care. My mind was focused on Venus. I wanted her to forgive me so bad.

The flower cart I came across a few weeks back was nowhere to be found. I searched all around the area but there was no signs of the elderly woman.

"Hi, are you looking for Ms. Laney?" A woman who didn't look to old or to young asked me.

"Uh yeah, you know her?"

"She's my grandmother and unfortunately she died a couple of weeks ago. She wanted me to give you these." The woman held up a bouquet of sunflowers with a nicely tied bow that held them together.