੭ु two

"Hyung wake up!"

Seungcheol felt a pillow hit him on his back, ruining his peaceful sleep. He groggily opened his eyes as he tried sitting up.

The person who was holding the pillow sighed. "Finally after ten attempts."

Although the lights inside the bedroom were off, Seungcheol can recognize the figure as Seokmin's.

"What did you wake me up for?" Seungcheol asked, sighing in annoyance.

"It'll strike 12 soon." Seokmin replied, putting the pillow on the bed beside Seungcheol. "Have you forgotten? We're going to play a game! A game to make our Halloween special." Seokmin then pulled the older out of the bed, not caring if Seungcheol was wearing his black cats patterned pajamas.

They ran down the stairs, immediately going to the dining room for of course they wouldn't want to be late for the game. All of their friends were gathered at the wooden rectangular dining table.

Seungcheol sat beside Jisoo, who was quietly eating his bread spread with grapes jam. Meanwhile Seokmin sat beside Jeonghan.

Seungcheol realized he was the only one wearing pajamas among them. But he shrugged the thought off, calming himself by thinking positively that the game will end soon.

"I'm not really sure what's this game about, but I'm sure anyways that everyone is curious about it so I thought we should play this on Halloween night." Soonyoung said. "Besides, it looks fun."

"Everybody is aware of the roles, right?" Seungcheol ensured, as everyone nodded in response.

"I'll shuffle the cards," Minghao volunteered.

"Sure," Hansol accidentally said in English as he handed the Chinese the pack of cards.

"And I'll distribute them," Jihoon said as Minghao tried to straighten the cards' bottoms by lightly tapping them on the table.

"Do I start now?" Minghao asked.

"Yes quick please," Jeonghan shushed. "We'll count until 17."

Minghao started shuffling the cards right away as the boys started counting until they would reach 17, which was a special number to them for it was the 17th of March that they all met.

"Fifteen,"

"Sixteen,"

Minghao just continued shuffling the cards. Chan didn't knew why, but looking at the cards which were being shuffled gave him the scary and thrilly vibe.

"Seventeen,"

Minghao paused as he gave the mixed up cards to Jihoon.

"In one, two, three," Seungkwan counted, until Jihoon gave each of them a card. The man slid each of the cards on the smooth table as he gave it to each member, the back part of the card was the one visible to them. Now, everyone was holding their cards.

"We're not suppose to reveal our roles throughout the game, or else we'll get slain." Soonyoung reminded. "That was what I read on the instruction paper. Also, we're going to see them at the same time, but again, we shall not let others see it."

"We can do this and finish this game." Mingyu said, positively.

"The acrostic poem." Wonwoo mentioned.

"Jeon Wonwoo?" Jeonghan spoke for him.

"Bag of luck!" Laughter was on the atmosphere, and it made Chan calm down a little.

Soon an eerie silence wrapped them, before Junhui quietly broke it as he counted. "In one, two, three."

Everyone flipped their cards but as soon as they did, darkness surrounded them and at the same time, they heard several pieces of glass shatter on the floor. One could barely see one, let alone twelve men.

"T-That wasn't the chandelier, was it?" Chan felt Mingyu stutter in his seat.

"It might be. The only light in the whole house was the candles the chandelier was holding." They heard Seungcheol spoke.

"Right, since I turned off all lights upstairs." Jisoo mentioned.

"What the hell, we haven't even see our roles!" Seungkwan complained.

"I'll find the light switch." Said Wonwoo bravely.

"The nearest one is by the kitchen counter!" Mingyu informed.

Wonwoo stood up from his seat. When he took a step on the floor, they all heard the grandfather clock sound such a booming sound across the whole house, signaling that it had struck 12.

At the same time, Wonwoo stepped on a tile he felt go down a little, as if it was a button to be pressed. When he deepened his foot on it, surprisingly the floor they were all on vanished, making all of them fall in to pitch blacked darkness.

──────────

Who do you think owns each cards? I'm curious :3