SEPT

THE BOY WHO CRIED WOLF: CHAPTER SEVEN

*ASHMUTE|SCENERY

a week later

Youngjae stayed at his house for seven days, not letting anyone in. His phone laid against the front door where he threw it harsly against the wall as Jinyoung spammed him with text messages, asking where he was. The annoying dinging threw him over the edge.

Now he sits criss-cross applesauce on his bed, his back facing the door. His thick curtains filling the room in a soft blue. For the entire seven days he only listened to one song: Ashmute's Scenery.

The smoothness of her voice and the lyrics soothe him down to his very core. Every word expressed how he felt about the elder. It consumed him, the feeling of finally giving out his heart again, but this time he felt like they were both fighting for the same thing. No more one-sidedness. No more chasing, but painful waiting.

how can I be in your eyes?

As Youngjae listened to that line his heart sped up, making his chest tighten, but it didn't hurt. It was a familiar warm feeling that scared him

i'll be here waiting for you.

Pictures of the elder appeared in his mind, and it was almost like the Gods loved Youngjae enough to look down at him twice in a row, because in his moment of desperation someone knocked on the door, the familiar voice almost making Youngjae's heart pop out of his chest.

He stood up immediately running towards the door. As soon as it swung open Jaebum didn't get a chance to rant what he prepared to say in his brain as Youngjae snatched him inside of the house by his grey shirt. He pulled Jaebum into a hug and pushed up against him, closing the door in the process.

"I missed you." Youngjae whispered into Jaebum's chest, hugging his hyung tightly like he hasn't seen him in years, despite the fact that he was the one who did want to see him. He wanted to ignore the feeling of his heart pounding

Jaebum's rant was thrown out the window at the younger's three words. Jaebum knew he has a soft spot for the younger already, which is a good thing because Youngjae needs as much attention as he can get.

Youngjae reluctantly pulled away but grabbed Jaebum's wrist and pulled him to his dark room down the hallway. Jaebum took off his shoes just in time and willing walked the rest of the way with the younger. When they finally made it into the room Youngjae fell onto the bed, bring the elder with him, but he pulled back.

"Hold on sunshine, I have to take my jacket off." Youngjae whined at the elders comment but let him go away. Jaebum chuckled at his recation but quickly pulled of the leather jacket, throwing it into a corner before slipping back into the plush bed with his new favorite person.

Once Jaebum wrapped his arms around the younger's waist no words were said. All he felt was the elders warm and submitted himself to him. The soft music added to the mood, which was now a sinful mix of sadness and desperation that mostly came from the younger.

But, there is a lingering sense of desperation from our elder, who wanted nothing more to to ease his obvious pain. He wanted to hug him endlessly, he wanted the younger to trust him with his feelings. He wanted to kiss away the pain Mark left on the younger's body until disappeared.

But he knew he couldn't do such things just yet. They just started developing a- well whatever you call this relationship. They've known each other for three days yet they're already addicted with each others presence.

They stared into each other's eyes lovingly, Youngjae breathing became slow and soft. Jaebum's hand ran up and down Youngjae's covered back, relaxing him almost into a deep sleep.

"Have you rested at all sunshine?" Jaebum whispered softly, and the younger shook his head.

"I'm here now, and I'm not going to leave when you wake up in the morning or at night. Now sleep, you need it." And with that Youngjae was out like a light.

9:54 PM is what the automatic clock read once Youngjae woke up. He was still met with darkness but once he look up he was met with a sleeping Jaebum. His mouth was slightly ajar, his face relaxed. His breathing was normal. Youngjae stared for a long time, studying every significant feature on his face to the point where he can paint his face on a canvas with his eyes closed.

He. Was. Perfect.

In everyway.

No scars. No mark. No saddness.

Perfect.

It was almost scary that when Youngjae scanned his face that he found no imperfections, because he felt the same with Mar-

No, Youngjae thought, Mark is your past. Jaebum is nothing like him.

How do you know?  A deep voice called out. Youngjae's voice laced with deep-seeded rage.

He never got to answer said voice, mostly because, well completely because Jaebum's eyes fluttered open. His eyes met Youngjae's and he smiled softly.

"What? You like what you see?" Unconsciously, Youngjae nodded, but never took it back. Because he know he meant it.

"Don't worry sunshine I like what I see too." Youngjae face flourished to a rosy pink, which Jaebum found adoreable.

Neither spoke, all they did was stare, taking in all of their features. Both pleased with whay they saw. Even the little things evoked a different emotion in the both of them. The way Youngjae's nose twitched when Jaebum's breath hit his face, the way Jaebum thumb rubbed against the small of Youngjae's back. All of it drove them insane.

They are unconditionally in love with the idea of being with each other, well at least that's what others think. To them they thought each other saw themselves as friends. But friends don't act this way. Friend's don't make each others heart skip.

Friend's dont want to kiss each other as badly as they want to right now.

literally a whole chapter about me, in youngjae prospective, talking about how fucking beautiful Im Jaebum is.
and youngjae is my bias.
wow.