16

It had been ten miserable days.

"Jaehyunie..."

Days when the darkness that had pushed at the edges of him for the past two years finally reached out and swallowed him whole.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry..."

How could he have been so stupid? Was one beautiful glance of the man he loved worth all this pain?

Taeyong wished he could take it back. He wished he could go back to that night and suppress that crazy rush of curiosity that had led him to turn on the lamp.

He'd figured he would only do it for a second and no one would ever know. He just wanted to see if Jaehyun still looked the same.

He had. The same and yet more beautiful than ever. His skin had glowed, almost well... angelic in the soft light of the lamp.

The face that Taeyong had loved for so many years. It was him.

Taeyong had wanted so much to lean over and touch that familiar face, but he knew he didn't dare. He was reaching over to turn off the lamp when the unthinkable had happened. That damned glass of water.

Now it was over.

Any crazy chance of happiness he'd had with Jaehyun was gone and it was his fault.
Jaehyun had promised he'd come back, that he'd fight for them, but what could he do? How many times could two people bend the unbendable rules of heaven and get away with it?

"Jaehyunie... please, don't leave me..."