1.

The pain was gone. He couldn't believe it. It was such a relief not to feel hurt any longer. Maybe the doctors were all wrong because something seemed to have made him feel better.

Jaehyun opened his eyes, smiling, excited to tell Taeyong that it was going to be a good day. 

He knew Taeyong would be sitting by his side. He hadn't left it in weeks. Not since they had brought him to the hospital the day when he had found out that the latest round of treatments weren't working.

Taeyong was sitting by his bed, like he always did, but he was crying. Bitter heaving sobs that confused Jaehyun.

"Baby, it's fine. I feel good today."

He said the words, but Taeyong didn't seem to hear.

He tried to reach up and wipe away Taeyong's tears, but he couldn't move his arm. What was happening to him?

"Taeyong?" He spoke again, but it seemed to fall on deaf ears.

Taeyong had his head in his hands and he was leaned over Jaehyun's pillow with his shoulders shaking violently. He looked like his entire world was crashing around him.

Jaehyun longed to comfort him, but he didn't know what was wrong. The tears were interrupted by Taeyong's hoarse whisper.

"I'll never forget you, Jaehyunie. I'll never stop loving you. I don't know how I'm going to live without you."

I'll never forget you? Live without you?

What the hell was going on?

The room was getting fuzzy, almost blinding in its whiteness.

He reached out to Taeyong again, this time able to move.

Instead of soft skin, his hand felt nothing but air. The bright light in the room got stronger, pulling on him like he was attached with a rope. Oh god, was he...?

"No!" He shouted, even though no one could hear.

Taeyong needed him! They needed each other. He couldn't die. But he couldn't stop the pulling either. He was moving further and further away from the sterile little room where he had spent so much time, further from Taeyong. Then he was outside, drifting up like a forgotten balloon.

The ground was moving quickly away. He could tell that this was supposed to be peaceful; a kind of goodbye, but all he felt was panic. He needed to get back. Now.

He needed to go back to his Taeyong.