15

Jaehyun awoke to the sound of something crashing onto the floor. When he opened his eyes a horrified and guilty looking Taeyong was looming above him and the lamp was on.

A water glass was broken all over the floor and the puddle was spreading more every second.

It took Jaehyun a second to realize what was happening.

When he did, every muscle in his body froze with terror.

Taeyong was looking at him!

"Taeyong, turn the light off!" he shouted hoping it wouldn't be too late. The room immediately plunged into darkness.

"What are you doing?!" He shouted. He could feel Taeyong trembling.

"I-I cant sleep and thirsty... so... I... I just wanted to see your face," He mumbled. Jaehyun could hear the tears threatening. "I've been missing it for so long! And I thought since I already knew who... you were..."

"No, baby. The rules are still there. A human can't look at an angel ever. Shit," He swore quietly. "Maybe no one noticed."

He hoped, but he doubted that was possible. They noticed everything.

Then Jaehyun felt a tug. That same feeling he'd felt in the hospital room two years before.

That was it. They wanted him to come back. He wanted to scream at the sky.

"Taeyong," he whispered hoarsely, reaching out in the dark to touch his cheek. "They saw. I'm being called back."

Jaehyun felt his heart rip in two.

"No! No! Please, Jaehyun, no!"

Taeyong cried out and squeezed him convulsively. Jaehyun understood completely. Taeyong couldn't stand the idea of letting go. He felt Taeyong's wet tears running down his chest.

"Jaehyunie, no! Tell them I'm sorry. Tell them I'm an idiot and it won't happen again. Beg... plead. I can't lose you a second time. I'll die."

He hugged Taeyong tight, battling against the pulling sensation that was getting stronger by the second. He was going to fight this. One night of pure happiness wasn't enough.

Neither one of them could survive without the other. Not really, anyway.
In the end it was just too strong. He was pulled out of Taeyong's arms.

Taeyong collapsed on his bed sobbing relentlessly.

Jaehyun wanted nothing more than to go to him, hold him, and tell him that everything would be all right.

"I love you, Taeyong," He said quickly, knowing he would be gone in moments. "I'll be back. I'm going to convince them to let me come back. I promise."

Taeyong lifted his head. Jaehyun could see his tears reflected in the moonlight.

"I love you too, Jaehyunie," He whispered in return. "Please come back. I'm sorry... Please..."

And then Jaehyun was gone. Up in the sky being drawn inexorably back towards the heavens.

He felt that same panic he'd felt before, that feeling of needing to be with Taeyong no matter what. He was going to fix this. They had to let him.