5.

Taeyong pulled his groceries from the bag. He didn't really care what he ate anymore. He'd gotten much thinner in the past two years, but couldn't really bring himself to worry about it.

He realized that someday he'd have to go on with his life. He knew he couldn't just stay like this forever but everything seemed so pointless without Jaehyun.

Honestly, if he knew for sure that he believed in heaven and seeing people again on the other side, he would have ended it already. Been with Jaehyun wherever it was that people who loved each other ended up forever. Some days he felt like ending it anyway. Oblivion would be better than this constant grief.

The last thing he pulled from the grocery bag was a box containing a single red velvet cupcake, big with fluffy cream cheese frosting. Jaehyun's favorite.

Every year since he had turned fifteen, Jaehyun and Taeyong would share a cupcake exactly like this one, giggling and kissing the cream cheese frosting off each other's lips while Taeyong wished him a happy birthday.

Every year Jaehyun had said the same thing.

'Of course it's happy, baby. I'm with you.'

Now, all alone in the apartment covered with their pictures, filled with things they had collected together, Taeyong lit the single candle on his cupcake.

He couldn't help crying, even though he felt kind of stupid still being so sad after all this time.

"Happy birthday, Jaehyunie. I'll always love you," He whispered before he blew the candle out with a long sigh.

Sometimes he felt a presence, like Jaehyun must be watching.

Today he felt nothing but a dark sadness that seemed to be consuming him little by little every single day that he had to get up and survive alone.

He usually ate the cupcake, in memory rather than actual desire for food. This time he couldn't.

The thought of swallowing made him want to throw up. He went to toss the cupcake in the trash, but couldn't bring himself to do that either. So he just left it sitting on the counter sad and alone, candle blown out and dead.

Just like him.