6.

"I can't stand it anymore, you have to let me help him!" Jaehyun shouted.

It wasn't a new argument. They'd had it many times before.

"I should have never agreed to let you watch him in the first place. You aren't supposed to guard over someone you knew on earth. The reason for that rule has become excruciatingly clear to me." The dry and somewhat sarcastic voice of the elder made Jaehyun want to scream.

"I'm afraid for him. He's so skinny, and I haven't seen him smile in months. You told me he'd get better with time! Where's the improvement?"

Jaehyun thought of the day before. He'd watched Taeyong blow out the candle on a cupcake and wish him happy birthday. It had broken his heart to hear Taeyong say he loved him and not to be able to go to him, to tell him that he still watched over him every day. That he would love and protect him for the rest of his life like he'd always promised.

"He can't see you! You know that."

"So, he can't see me? Is that all? What if I go to him, but never let him see me?"

"Jaehyun," the tired voice started. The same argument over and over had gotten annoying about a year and a half ago. "You know you can't go back. Why do you keep fighting this? You don't belong there anymore. You belong here. As an angel. Like me."

Jaehyun had refused to accept that.

"I belong with Taeyong and he needs me. Please. See what you can do."

Youngho shook his head.

"I'll ask, but don't expect any miracles."

Jaehyun would have cried if he were still able. When he spoke his voice was quiet and resigned.

"Can't you see a miracle is exactly what he needs?" He returned his gaze to Taeyong, so sad and alone.

His heart ached and he knew that, permission or not, he wasn't going to be able to wait much longer before he tried to help him. His love. His Taeyong.