17

It was late. Taeyong trudged up his stairs, barely able to face another night in the bed that had grown even colder since Jaehyun had left it again.

He'd put in another long day at work. Anything to try and keep his mind off of what had happened.

It was almost like Jaehyun had died all over again. Like going back to the first weeks he'd spent alone with the hurt slicing through him slowly like a dull grinding blade.

He would do anything to get rid of the pain. Anything. He'd done more than just consider it.

He was so lost in his black thoughts that he didn't notice the shadowy figure waiting for him on his bed.

It took him until he threw his coat on the chair to see what was in front of him. In two seconds he went from blackest despair to pure joy.

"Jaehyunie! How? Did they?"

He couldn't even spit out a whole question.

Jaehyun simply reached out his arms and pulled Taeyong close. He could feel the love and joy at their touch. But there was something else. He could feel that all wasn't lost but there was something Jaehyun didn't want to tell him.

"What is it? Are you allowed to stay?"
Jaehyun lifted his head.

"No. You saw me on earth and that rule can't be broken. I can never stay with you here again."

Taeyong's heart ripped open in an instant but he could see that Jaehyun wasn't completely shattered like he was. There was more.

"You bargained with them, didn't you?" He should have known that Jaehyun would somehow get what they wanted. He could sense that Jaehyun didn't want to tell him the rest. "What is it?"

"Oh god, Taeyong. I can't ask you to do it."

"Jaehyun. I'll do anything to be with you. I can't be without you."

Jaehyun took a deep breath.

"Taeyong, they say the only way we can be together is if you come with me," He hesitated, not wanting to finish.

Taeyong kissed him to encourage him, hope flooding through him.

"You'd have to die, baby," He whispered. "I can't ask that."

Taeyong wrapped his arms tighter around Jaehyun. He didn't even hesitate.

"Yes. Anything."

"No! You're so young. You have your whole life!"

"What the hell is that without you? I'm going."

He gave Jaehyun the most stubborn look he could make.

"Are you sure?" Jaehyun's voice was shaky.
Taeyong gripped his face in the dark. He didn't know if he could purposely project his feelings, but he needed Jaehyun to feel that he had no regrets.

"I'm sure. I don't want to live without you for another second."

Jaehyun sighed.

"It has to be now."

Taeyong felt a moment of fear, and then a heady sense of peace enveloped him.

"I'm ready. What do we need to do?"

"Just lay down. I'll do it."

He lay down and was wrapped in Jaehyun's warm arms.

The sense of peace grew until it was shimmering through him like the proverbial white light.

He felt warmth and a peculiar lightness, and all through it the steady pressure of Jaehyun's body surrounding him, reassuring him.

There was a moment of complete blackness then Jaehyun was in front of him, holding out his hand. Taeyong could see him as plain as day, surrounded by a glowing light in the darkness of the room.

"It's over, baby. Let's go," He said, and smiled a huge smile.

Taeyong reached out and laced their fingers together. He looked back to see himself, lying still and silent on the bed behind him.

He didn't even feel a moment of sadness for the life he was leaving.

This was exactly where he was supposed to be. With his angel. With Jaehyun.

The End.

Thank you so much for supporting my first Jaeyong's book😊

P.s. I'll post the epilogue soon 👼