Chapter 1. the move

It was Sunday morning when Radhika and her dad were on the road to their new lives in a new town. She was riding shotgun while her dad drove 'betty'. 'betty' is an Audi A3 car. her dad named the car Betty because of its sporty personality and also it reminded him of one of his girlfriends. Probably the one he left Radhika's mom for. we rolled up into a gas station because 'betty' got a bit "thirsty". Radhika decided to stop over the gas stations convenient store to load up some snacks and drinks since it will be a long car ride to their new home. She bought some chips, candy, water, and sodas before walking back to the car. After dad filled up 'betty' they rode again.

Car rides with her dad were always quiet. But thats only if the radio was not playing. Radhika decided to turn on the radio. The radio started blasting some country music. and it was not the good kind. It was more like a Kenny rogers wannabe trying to sing for his life about heartaches or love or something. but then again it was better than silence. Radhika looked out the window as they went on the high way. All she could see were clouds as puffy as cotton candy from a carnival and as white as snow. The sky was as clear as ever; sun was shining, no storm clouds, blue sky all around. Then Radhika turned her head to where her dad was sitting. While her dad was driving Radhika could see his lips moving. Almost seemed like he was muttering something under his breath. She could barely hear what he was saying but his mouth made it look as if he was cursing her stupidity. He usually has something against Radhika. She decided to take a nap.

After a couple hours on the road, Radhika woke up as they reached a small town. It looked very cozy, like something out of those old series that were based in friendly safe neighbourhoods; The trees were seen every time they passed a house and the pavement were wide enough for 2 or 3 people to walk side by side. Radhika decided to open the window to let some breeze in. After Radhika opened the car window she heard the neighbourhood; the children playing in their front yards, housewives in the patio gossiping about the neighbors, dogs barking for food and attention. It really feels like a friendly neighborhood.

Radhika's dad steered the car to the right and there she saw the house they would stay in until she graduate. the house looked like the house from any series; a small front porch, two stories tall, black roof with white walls, the classic. Radhika took her bags and entered the house. The house was fully furnished; a modern fusion living room set, classic kitchen with state of the art equipment, classic rustic study room, 4 different style bedrooms, and 3 white marbled bathrooms. She decided to put her stuff in the gothic with a touch of chic style bedroom. After she unpacked, Radhika went to the living room where her dad was unpacking. she asked if he needed any help. He looked at her for awhile and said.

"look who decided to help her dad out after being all selfish unpacking her stuff first. If it wasn't for you we wouldn't have moved you know?" he yelled at Radhika

Before she could say anything her dad told Radhika he doesn't need help and shooed her away. So she decided to explore the neighbourhood. She took her phone, camera, notebook, and pen then left. While walking along the pavement she saw the public dog park. She then decided to go to the park to take pictures and relax. Entering the dog parks she saw; dogs of different shapes, breeds, and sizes, plants that varied from tall green trees to colorful flower bushes. the grasses were greener than a jade emerald.

Radhika started taking random pictures; dogs panting after a long run, people having picnics, lovers strolling hand in hand, dogs playing fetch. Then she decided to sit on a wooden bench near the cluster of roses. She took her book and pen and decided to jot down ideas for a short story. she loved increasing her creativity skill as often as possible.

After an hour or so, Radhika heard a dog barking in joy running up to her. He later pounced up onto and licked her cheeks. It kind of felt he was licking her entire face. She giggled a little because it was so cute. the next thing she knew there stood a teenage boy trying to control his dog. The young lad had brad shoulders, nicely shaped torso, dark brown hair with blonde streaks and the most gorgeous eyes.

the boy apologised looking as if he was guilty of committing a horrendous crime.Radhika accepted his apology with a coy smile. he smiled back and told her his name. Rajah. He asked Radhika if it was ok if he sat next to her. she nodded politely as he sat. they then talked for what seemed like hours. They talked about their interests, their dislikes, their family, their hobby, and so much more. It started to get dark and rajah decided to walk her back home.

They talked some more while walking. It was as if they knew each other from a past life. before they knew it they reached the front of Radhika's house. Turns out his house was just next door. Before Radhika went in rajah called out to her

"by the way" he started "i forgot to ask your name"

"Radhika" she smiled

then he smiled and waved goodbye. Radhika waved back then walked through her front door. When she turned before closing the door rajah was still there smiling at her. Radhika smiled shyly and slowly closed the door. Radhika's dad was in the study and hated it if she ever disturbed him. so she decided to just go to her room and get some sleep. Once she got ready she sat on her bed and fixed the alarm for her first day of high years. Afterwards Radhika slept on her back and looked up at the ceiling where she has installed fairy lights. Radhika's last thought was what will tomorrow bring before dosing of to dreamland.