Chapter 31

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was ending
He turned into a butterfly.

Jason's p.o.v (early that day)

I sat on the swing rocking back and forth. Evan's never going to forgive me. I wish I had someone to talk to right now. But every one I know has a big mouth expect Evan. I sighed looking at my hands.  Maybe I should get new friends? While I'm at it I should get a new family.

I rolled my eyes at myself. I got up and I Just kept walking not really knowing where I was going. I could hear cars passing me as I headed down the old part of town. It was like taking a step back in time when you come to this part of town and I loved it.

The times were so much simpler then.

The old library still stood with the 50¢ book sale faded out on the window. A closed sign That said 'be back soon' but no one ever came back. It closed after the last librarian died a couple of weeks ago. But she went out good and easy.

The old museum that had more history in it than this town. It's been closed for a long time but you could still see the stuff in it getting more cobwebs on it every day.

The cafe where my mom got her first job when she was 17. It use to be the best place in town but they got a Starbucks moved where the mall is and everything so this place just kind of faded out.

It's quite sad when you think about. This is where my mom and dad meet. I've heard the story a thousand times but something about just makes me feel happy and hopeful.

My dad was a hot rod back in his day. One of the badiest boys in town. He could have any girl he wanted and did. The biggest heart breaker you could have found. But a girl moved all the way from California with her family. And became one of the prettiest girls in this place. So my dad had to meet this girl.

She was pure and had high standards. She didn't have a mean bone in her body. She got a job at a cafe in town and every day my dad would come and see her. He would flirt, Making her laugh. They became good friends.  He would leave notes on the napkins. So one day he asked her out the after a couple of years they got married and the rest was history.

I shook myself out of my daydream. Just as I did I saw a school bus go by. Crap it's the end of school. I started running to get to home on time. I saw Lilly go inside and I was dashing for the door. I walked through heading up the stairs. I sat my bag down then layed on my bed.

Just as I got relaxed I heard a loud knock on my door. "We're going to the Alred's house, So get ready." My dad said from the other side of the door.

great, Just what I needed spend more time with troy. I stood up and walked to the closet and open it. I grabbed my Nirvana shirt and wore it with pride. I love Nirvana so much. I have Three posters of that awesome man. He is the whole reason why I play guitar.

"Come on Jason!" My mom's evil voice shouted at me. I grabbed my jean jacket and slipped back on my high tops. The whole way there I played with one of the holes in my jeans. I really don't want to be here. Once we pulled up to the house every one got out except me. My dad opened the door but I just sat there. He sighed' then closed the door.

They all went inside. I took a deep breath. Now would be a good time to get some sleep. I unbuckled and slid my legs out. Just as I started to get comfortable there was a knock on the window. I was expecting it to be mom or dad but it was satan. I hated him so much. I slowly rolled down the window.

I didn't look at him. I didn't want to see his face. "Come on, we're going to go get the pizza again." he chuckled at the end of the sentence. My hand got all sweaty and my heart started to thump. I slowly stepped out of the car still not looking at him. My heart still hasn't slowed down.

I was just waiting for him to punch my or something. "Sorry about earlier today, I just felt guilty after the whole kiss thing and wanted to leave, so I did." I said but it all came out so quickly and quietly.

He turned and looked at me and I finally looked at him. I felt my face heat up so I turned and looked away. "I wasn't mad but Evan sure was, Is there something going on between you two?" he says then stops walking. He became stiff and bit his lip. I feel pressure all over me when he looks at me like that.  

"I sometimes wish I could go back in time and change things, I would have never said yes to him. I sometimes feel like he's just using me and I'm pretty sure he messes around with Holly or Molly or maybe both of them? I don't know! I try to tell him no about having sex but he pressures me to do it anyway. I've never done anything thing with him but every time I tell him no he gets angry and I don't know what to do about it."

I could feel the tears running down my face. I can't believe I just told Satan that. I looked at him and he clearly was upset about what I just told him. I hung my head and turned on my heels. See normally I wouldn't care if he cared about me but when I started to walk down that sidewalk and he never shouted for me to come back

It kinda hurt.