Ch. 6: Short Stack

Disclaimer: I don't own the lyrics used in this chapter.

"What the hell are you two doing?"

Steven and I whipped around at the sound of Jeff's voice. He stood in the kitchen doorway, his eyes were squinting against the light, so I assumed he had just recently woken up. His shaggy, black hair was sticking up all over his head and he was only wearing a pair of boxers.

I blushed at the sight of him and I tried to avert my eyes before I stared too long. I'd never seen a man so naked before-not in real life, anyway. I mean, I'd seen a man naked, but that was in the anatomy pictures they showed us in school during sex ed. This was too much.

"What does it look like we are doing?" Steven demanded, his smile widening as he waited patiently for Jeff's response.

I looked Steven over before checking out myself. We had moved on from cleaning after around nine o'clock and had decided to make breakfast. We had both put on aprons and had gotten to work making pancakes.

Currently, we were both covered from head to toe in powder from the pancake mix. I decided that if Jeff couldn't guess what we were up to at this point, I should be worried about his mental health.

"Hm..." Jeff hummed thoughtfully, lifting his finger to his chin. "Snorting a lot of cocaine?"

Steven began to giggle like mad and I just rolled my eyes and laughed.

"So, do I get pancakes too?" Jeff asked. I noticed the ravenous look in his eyes and gave him a warm smile.

"Of course!" I said. "I just need to finish up mixing them and then we can start cooking."

"Then I'm gonna' take a quick shower," Jeff said before walking back out of the kitchen.

I heard him shout "oh my god" before stumbling back into the room.

"Guys! My bathroom! What happened to it? Why's it so clean?"

I gaped at him, terrified that I had done something wrong. "I cleaned it...?"

His expression turned to that of relief and his shoulders slumped as he relaxed. "Oh, thank God. That was creepy. I was wondering how it got so clean."

I let out a sigh of relief. "So, I'm not in trouble?"

He simply laughed and shook his head before turning around and walking away once more. I gave Steven a questioning look, but he just shrugged in return.

I turned back towards the counter and began mixing the sludge that was in the bowl in front of me. I heard Steven walk away as I continued to stir the mixture.

Suddenly, I heard a familiar tune beginning to play from the stereo system in the other room. The volume slowly went up until music was all I could hear.

"Have you seen her?

So fine and pretty.

Fooled me with her style and ease.

And I feel her from across the room.

Yes, it's love in the third degree."

Suddenly, I was twirled around by a pair of hands on my shoulders. I squealed with a combination of surprise and delight as Steven grabbed my hands and began to dance with me.

"Ooh, baby, baby!

Won'tcha turn your head my way?

Ooh, baby, baby!

Come on, take a chance,

You're old enough to dance the night away!"

Steven was singing to me as he swirled me around the kitchen. He was doing his best impression of the ever-so-eccentric, David Lee Roth and he had me in stitches by the time Jeff returned.