Three Years Later (Tadashi)

I walk down to the beach, my hand intertwined with the person next to me. We had walked around parts of San Fransokyo while I told him stories about my life.

"This beach is where I had my first date. The city was having a small summer festival so we came here and ate so much food, we both had a stomachache for days!" I laugh at the memory.

"For days???"

"Yup!" I nod sitting down on the warm sand.

"And over there, " I pointed at the road that lead to the park.

"When you go down that road there's a park. That's where I had my first kiss."

We both stare in that direction in silence before I turn back to the water.

I stare at the sky as the sun sets, the ocean sparkling almost blindingly. Smiling sadly at the beautiful sight I think about my life three years ago. If I had the chance I would go back in time and stop the event that had changed my life. I would do anything to save him so that he could live his life to the fullest. He had so much potential to do great things in life but he didn't even get the chance.

Flashback
"Oh my gosh!!! Tadashi he did it!" I exclaimed before giggling when Tadashi hugged me.

He showered my face with kisses as he chuckled. "I'm so proud of him."

I smiled up at my fiancé and stared into his loving eyes. I was so in love with those eyes. And that smile I got to see every single day when I woke up.

"Dashi! (Y/n)! I did it! I did it!" Hiro cheered waving his acceptance letter in the air.

He ran into me and Tadashi's arms and we all laughed in excitement. "We're so proud of you Hiro! You truly deserve this." I smiled tenderly at Hiro.

"Thanks guys."

Tadashi ruffled Hiro's hair as we walked out of SFIT's conversation center. "Let's go find Aunt Cass and celebrate."

"Yes! Hot wings!!" Hiro fist pumped the air.

I giggled at Hiro and Tadashi casually slipped his hand into mine. The three of us walked together in comfortable silence, then suddenly the sound of a fire alarm could be heard from behind us. I whipped my head back in shock and my eyes widened in terror at the sight in front of me.

The SFIT building was consumed in red flames, black smoke casting overhead. "Oh my god." I gasped, my free hand instinctively going up to my mouth.

Tadashi's grip on me tightened and he pulled Hiro and I closer to his chest. People ran and screamed, trying to get out of the building and when a woman almost fell Tadashi helped her back up to her feet.

"Are you all right?" Tadashi asked over the hectic sounds of panicked people and flames.

"Yes! But Professor Callaghan is still in there!" The woman shouted, pointing back to the building before stumbling away.

Tadashi and I shared a look and I immediately knew what he was going to do. I furiously shook my head grabbing onto his wrists. "Dashi don't you dare."

"(Y/n) he's still in there." Tadashi said, his eyes pleading.

"It's too dangerous. I, I can't loose you." I whimpered, tears stinging my eyes.

Tadashi pulled me into a tight hug before kissing me with so much passion, I felt like I would suffocate from it. That didn't stop me as I gripped onto his shirt and kissed him as if it was the last time I ever would.