The One (Tadashi)

Flashback

I stood at the airport with my luggage in hand as I finished signing in at the check in counter. After receiving my ticket I walked over to the group of people who gathered in the middle of the airport. My four year long boyfriend, Tadashi, turned my way with a warm smile when he saw me walking back in his direction.

I smiled back but it didn't reach my eyes. I didn't want to leave. Studying abroad in Europe will be a great experience for me but I don't think I have the strength to leave everything and everyone I love. The program I'm in is three years long and I won't have much time to come back to visit, so this will be the last time I see my friends.

"You ready?" Tadashi asked and I shook my head.

"Hey, it'll be alright. You're going to have so much fun there and three years will fly by. Then you'll be right back home." Tadashi reassured as I tried to keep myself together.

I've been preparing myself for this moment to make sure I didn't break down because I didn't want it to hit me in such a public place. I don't want it to hit me, but now that I'm really about to leave I know it will.

"Tadashi." My voice wavers and I let out a shaky breath trying to calm myself.

"I don't want to go."

"I know. But you can't stay or give up your dreams because of us. We'll always be here for you but a chance like this is hard to come by." Tadashi smiled, holding my hands.

"Then promise me something." I say and he nods.

"Don't wait for me Tadashi. Don't wait for three years. I, I can't do that to you. It's not fair to ask you to wait for me while I'm having fun somewhere else." I say and he frowns.

"(Y/n) you know I'll wait for you, I don't care where you are I'll always wait for you. I love you. " Tadashi says kissing my forehead.

"I love you too Tadashi, that's why I need you to at least try to move on. If you see a cute girl go talk to her, don't stop yourself because of me. A lot could happen in three years and if either one of us loses feelings then it'll just make it easier for the both of us." I was crying now and I saw Tadashi frown even more.

"(Y/n) don't cry, please. It breaks my heart to see you cry. I love you so much and I understand that you're scared of what could happen but I promise you it'll be okay. I'll try to move on okay? For you, but don't think that I'll stop loving you." Tadashi whispers as he hugs me tighter to his chest.

"Tadashi, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for doing this to you." I cry and he soothes me, calming me down.

"Gate 31 D, we are now boarding. Gate 31 D, we are now boarding." The announcement came on and I felt like running.

I didn't want to leave.

I turned to the rest of my friends who were walking back towards us after giving Tadashi and I some space to talk.

"Oh sweetheart we're going to miss you so much! If anything, and I mean anything happens you can come straight home okay?" Aunt Cass said as she hugged me tightly.

"I'll miss you (y/n)." Hiro hugged me and I ruffled his hair.

"I'll miss you too you knucklehead."

I look up at all of my friends and smile, "I'll miss all of you guys."

"Awe we will too! Photo photo!" Honey lemon exclaimed and pulled out her phone as we all huddled up for a picture.

After the picture was taken I hugged everyone one last time. I grabbed my carry on suitcase and rolled it over to the gate, Tadashi walking next to me.