Chapter 4

You had no idea what was going through your head. Not only was Atticus Rhodes the only person on your mind, you were also thinking about the last few days. You had no idea why this was happening.

You awoke to the smell of something burning. It was an acrid stench, it seemed like someone was trying to burn away something that was meaningless to them. Your first instinct was to immediately leave your dorm and look for Alexis. You hear Rayla speak, "Y/N, we should try and find the source of that stench.I know it's dangerous but something seems off about this situation." Merlia asked, "Do you think that those creatures from before are behind this?" You shrug and reply, "I'm not so sure myself. That possibility could be pretty slim if we don't take a lot of other factors into consideration." You add, "Besides, I'm not going into that fire without knowing what I'm getting myself into." You saw the smoke billowing into the now impure charcoal skies. You call out into the open space, "Hey Alexis! If you can hear me, reply!" You were greeted by an eerie silence. You exhale, "Either this girl is deaf or she's too far away from me." Rayla replies, "I'd say that it's the latter, Y/N." You give her a blank look, "That doesn't help, Rayla. I'm looking for a human, not an animal."

Meanwhile, all the Obelisk students gather at the docks. Chancellor Sheppard asked, "Is everyone here?" Atticus looks around, "Hold on, Chancellor Sheppard! We're missing someone!" Alexis thought to herself, "Now that he mentions it, Y/N isn't here. Has she...no she couldn't have...could she?" Atticus whispers to Alexis, "I'm going to go look for her." Before Alexis could object, her older brother disappeared. She sighs and runs after him.

You found yourself in a forest. The impact of your boots crackled underneath the soil of the ground. You said quietly, "I feel like we're being followed, Lilia." Lilia exhales, "Must you always worry?" Rayla snorts, "Must you always be so formal, Lil?" Lilia replies, "Do not call me Lil, Rayla. That is quite disrespectful! I am the queen of the Ice Crystals!" You facepalm, "Lilia, cool it. We're looking for my classmates, we don't have time for your royal lecture!" Lilia sighs once " more, "My apologies, Lady Y/N." You add, "Stop being so formal with me. I don't control you or anything. You aren't a puppet to me, you're my companion. Just treat normally, Lilia." Lilia bows, "Yes, my lady." Merlia sweat drops, "I think that she meant that she wanted you to stop now, Lilia." Rayla shrugs, "She can't help it, that's just how Lilia is." You suddenly feel a chill crawl down your spine. You ask, "Did you feel that guys?" Neva spoke with annoyance, "That was colder than Rayla's reactions! OW!" Rayla hits Neva with the back of her bow, "If you're going to talk behind my back, don't do it in front of me." Neva rubs the back of her head, "Jeez, Ray! Give me a break, will ya?" Rayla replies with a dark look in her eyes, "That won't happen, Neva. I'm going to keep you in line until you stop acting so immature." You grew annoyed with them, "Please stop already!" You look around and stop when you see a mysterious figure heading toward the fire itself.

Moments later, you hid yourself among the trees as the mysterious creature floats around the area. However, you had no idea that your own life was in danger.

Chazz Princeton was annoyed. He hated the fact that you were there. He was supposed to be the top duelist. A foreign voice spoke inside his head, "I am Nightshroud. I can make all of your desires a reality. However, you must do my bidding in order to succeed." Chazz's eyes become blank as he replies, "Yes Nightshroud." The booming voice continues, "Find Atticus Rhodes and eliminate him. Before you do that, eliminate that foolish girl he desires." Chazz repeats once more, "Yes Nightshroud."

Atticus was feeling desperate. It had been almost two hours since the fire started. There was no luck in trying to put it out. However, Atticus was running around in worry. "Atticus!" The sound of his younger sister's voice made Atticus snap out of his trance. Alexis spoke with worry, "Atticus! You can't run off like that!" Atticus replies, "I'm sorry...I didn't mean to worry you like that. It's just...Y/N hasn't turned up yet and I'm getting worried." Alexis sighs, "I'll help you look for her." Right when Alexis said that, they hear a scream. They both look at each other and run into the forest.