Bonus Chapter (1)

A/N: This chapter was written while I was half asleep. I apologize in advance if it's not that great. I've been so busy lately that I haven't been able to write. I've also been sleeping a lot less because of my own mental stress. Life has been hard this semester but I'm trying to do the best that I can to make it through. Although the only upside is that I turn 21 soon (which is really crazy). I'm not really doing anything special but my friends are taking me out for coffee a few days before my actual birthday.

Happy reading duelists!

Sammi

Word count: 1848 of 50,000
Total word count:  46,474 of 50,000

Atticus searches for his bride. He looks around and mutters, "Why does she always do this?" He sighs to himself in resignation. Atticus mumbles, "Why do I always have to be the bad guy?"

You had been doing chores alone. To be honest, you had an excuse for not asking Atticus for help. You had a bit of a surprise for him. You were in the kitchen cooking dinner when you feel something warm touch your cheek. Atticus said, "Hey princess, what's up?" You shake your head, "Not much, Atticus. I'm just cooking dinner." He kisses your cheek once more, "It smells good. Do you need any help?" You shake your head once more, "I'm fine, don't worry about me." Atticus sighs, "If you say so, princess." When he leaves, Merlia appears beside you. She asked, "When are you going to tell him?" You look at her for a moment before answering, "I will soon. I just have to wait for the right time."

Meanwhile, Atticus let out a small huff. He was moving furniture around with Zane. Zane breathes out, "It's a good thing that we aren't alone." Jaden, Jesse, Chazz, Bastion, and Syrus were helping out as well. Chazz asked, "Why am I here again?" Jaden remarks, "You volunteered to help, remember?" Chazz huffs, "I did not say that!" Zane shakes his head, "Chill out, Chazz. Y/N asked us to help out." Yubel said to Jaden, "That girl is acting weird, Jaden." Crystal Beast Ruby Carbuncle said in worry, "Ruubi...bi." Jesse replies quietly, "I'm not the only who thinks that then. You think that she's acting weird too, Ruby?" Ruby Carbuncle nods. Right when she mewed, you came into the room. Zane pulls Atticus out of the room and mutters under his breath, "Let's go...." Chazz asked, "Why am I even here?" Aria said, "You said that you'd help her." Chazz replies, "I did not!" You and Rayla reply in unison, "Yes you did." Ruby Carbuncle jumps onto your shoulder. You ask, "Easy there, Ruby." She looked worried but you said, "I'm fine, Ruby. You worry too much." Jesse said, "C'mon Ruby, don't bother Y/N." You sigh, "It's fine, Jesse." Jaden said, "Yubel thinks that you're acting weird." Yubel facepalms, "Don't tell her that!" You shrug, "I'm acting perfectly normal. You're reading into it more than you're supposed to." You add, "You sound like Atticus. He's been pestering me all morning about helping me." They all look at each other and they stay quiet in response to your statement.

Atticus had gone out with his friends. This meant that you had the perfect opportunity to get your surprise ready. Rayla questions, "Isn't he going to be furious with you?" You reply, "I hope not. I worked really hard on this surprise." You place an envelope on the coffee table before adding, "I think that he'll be really excited." You place pieces of paper on various things around the house. You clap your hands together and say, "Alright Atticus, time to play a game."

An hour later, Atticus arrived home. He was puzzled when he saw several notes placed around the various areas in your house. He notices the first note, "I'm small and I need to be nurtured until I become independent." He saw another arrow which led him to another note, "Mommy and Daddy are the ones who make me stronger." There was one last note after the previous one. The note read: "Congratulations! Now find mommy in her favourite spot." Atticus became even more puzzled when he read the note. He sighs, "Oh Y/N..." He found you on the balcony gazing out at the mid afternoon skies. You saw him and handed him one last envelope. It said, "Nice to meet you Daddy! See you in 8 months!" Atticus said, "Oh my god...are you...?" You nodded. Atticus processes the message in his head, "Oh my god....you're having a baby!!" He spins your around in happiness. You said, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier. I wanted to surprise you." He kisses you gently, "This is the best surprise that I've ever gotten." Atticus asked, "How far along are you?" You reply, "About three weeks. I was on excited when I found out but I knew how hard it was going to be to keep it a secret." He places a hand on your stomach, "Our little prince or princess is in there." He kisses the side of your head, "We're having a baby...."