Chapter 9

A/N: Here is chapter 9! I loved writing this chapter because it brought back a lot of memories for me. I own a lot of Yu-Gi-Oh cards (about three cases of them). I haven't played with them but I like using them as a reference. I love the cards I created. Not only are they different, they are unique and they make me smile.

Happy reading!

Sammi

Word count: 2034 of 50,000
Total word count: 18,080 of 50,000

You didn't know what to say. You were trying to hide the sheer anger that dwelled within the walls of your sanity. Your mind felt like it was suffocating under the hands of this malicious soul. You refused to think about the outcome of the duel. You also refused to accept the fact that Atticus was being possessed by the enemy. Not only was Nightshroud ruthless, he enjoyed the pain and misery that you felt. Those emotions further fed his poisoned mind. You hear Nightshroud cackle loudly. His laugh echoed through the confines of the abandoned dorm. This action made a shiver crawl up your spine.

The person in front of you was cold-hearted. He wasn't the Atticus you knew. He had become Nightshroud. His eyes were hidden behind a mask. The mask represented the darkness that dwelled inside of Atticus. You spoke angrily, "I know that you care about me! Don't tell me that everything you told me was a lie!" You add, "Nightshroud! I won't forgive you for taking Atticus away from me!" You didn't realize that your surroundings had been glazed over with ice. Jaden said, "Y/N looks like she's about to rip Nightshroud's head off." Zane replies, "Let's just hope that she can keep her temper in control." Syrus shivers, "Is it just me or did it suddenly become colder than I remember?" Nightshroud laughs, "Who said that I loved you? You must be mistaken!" You said, "Enough! You talk big but can your actions speak louder? This isn't a game! You're putting your own friends in danger, Atticus!" He growls, "MY name is Nightshroud! Your beloved boyfriend is no more!" He adds, "Enough of this small talk! Let's duel!"

Rayla looks at her mistress in worry. She had never felt so concerned before. Merlia said, "Rayla, don't look so hopeless. Y/N needs all of us to stay strong. We might not realize it but Y/N depends on us to stay strong and confident. No matter what happens, we must face this obstacle head on." Rayla nodded, "You're right, Merlia. We must form a plan to banish these spirits from this world. We can't lose hope during a dire time in our lives. Anything we say can impact this entire outcome." Rayla said, "Be careful, Y/N."

You look at Nightshroud and say, "I despise people like you. You're giving Atticus a bad name and you are making me quite angry." Nightshroud cackles, "I could care less about the fate of Atticus Rhodes. He's nothing but a mere pawn to me." He looks at you and adds, "Although, you'd make quite a queen." You give him a disgusted look, "I'm not becoming your queen, Nightshroud. I refuse to serve the side of devilry." Nightshroud drew a card, "If you refuse, then I'll have no choice to obliterate you." You stood defensively, "I'll defeat you before you have the chance to wreak more havoc on Duel Academy." Nightshroud smirks, "I'd like to see you try. I summon Mirage Dragon in attack mode! I think that should do for now." You weren't sure what you were going to do. You mutter, "This guy is going to get a beating...." You reply, "I set a monster, and I place one card face down to end my turn." Nightshroud scoffs, "That's your big move? You might as well give up now. I summon Red-Eyes Black Chick but it won't be there for long! I'm going to tribute it to summon my Red-Eyes Black Dragon!" You hear Carnelia remark, "Don't think that he won't take any damage. Wait until he attacks and you'll see what I mean." Nightshroud declares confidently, "Your deck is no match for mine!" He spoke with greater confidence, "Red-Eyes, take out that monster with Inferno Fire Blast!" When the dragon attacked, Nightshroud was shocked. Nightshroud: 4000>>3800. He yells, "What?!? Why wasn't your monster destroyed? Why did I lose 200 life points?!" You reply with annoyance, "If you stopped yelling then I'd tell you." You add, "Look at my monster's defense points, genius." His eyes widen, "2600?!?" Jesse's eyes widen, "That....That escalated quickly..." You reply with a smirk, "Carnelia the Fire Crystal Charmer has a special ability. You see when Carnelia is flip summoned, I can take control of one fire attribute monster on the field." Shock was evident in Nightshroud's voice, "WHAT?!" You added, "Oh yeah, I can also draw two cards the turn she is flip summoned." The spectre growls, "How dare you!" You remark, "I'll be taking your Red-Eyes now." The spectre responds with another growl emitted from his lips. You felt confident about the moves you were making. Although, there was still a bit of anxiety looming inside of your heart. You wanted to save him. It felt as if your lifeline was being depleted by the one thing that you were most afraid of.