20

narration.

i was awoken from my deep sleep as i heard something thrown into my window. i hurried to get up and unveil the curtains which surprised me to see jimin waiting at my window with a smile. "morning, princess." he greeted and kissed my cheek as i opened the window.

"how did you get here and what are you doing here?!" i whisper-shouted, trying to avoid my brother, andre, from overhearing our conversation.

he gave me a sad smile and replied, "i guess you had slept crying. i'm sorry about that." he apologized and shrugged while looking down.

i raised an eyebrow at him and pulled his arm. "come on inside. it's cold out here." i said and he just followed and went inside through my window.

"have you ate your breakfast, princess?" he asked as he wandered around my room.

psh, princess. i rolled my eyes at the endearment. he didn't really forget about it, after all these years and considering the fact that he underwent amnesia.

"i haven't yet, my prince." i answered, emphasising the words 'my prince' and he gave me a flustered look.

oh, it just feels so good and soothing to the ears when it rolls of my tongue. i missed it.

"why haven't you ate yet?" he asked.

"i just woke up, silly," i rolled my eyes at him. "besides, i'm not planning to take a meal yet. i'm on a diet, pfft." i joked aside and was about to go lay down on my bed when he held my wrist furiously all of a sudden.

"w-whatㅡ"

"go. and eat. now. please. i'll be waiting here for you." he said sternly while looking deep into my eyes.

i saw how his gaze went from bubbly to furiousㅡand it terrified me for a brief second. his aura was unfamiliar to me, and i swear, i haven't seen a jimin like this before.

"o-okay..." i muttered under my breath and fixed myself before going downstairs.

"hide when andre passes by. i'll be right back in a few minutes." i whispered and jimin just nodded as he sat on my bed.

as i got down to the kitchen, i saw mr. and mrs. jeon fighting...again.

i wouldn't even bother to call them my parents because they aren't my real ones and i would consider myself as an adopted child.

yes, adopted. i am an only child in our family and my biological parents passed away in a sunken ferry when i was 6. their bodies were never found and the coast guards just gave up on them.

i was then situated at an orphanage where i had no friends except for my dolls; and that's when the jeons stepped right into my life and adopted me.

things were going great and just fine when they adopted me. i felt my confidence going right back up and i felt like a part of their wonderful family.

that is, when i turned 18, things started to change. as soon as the jeon family got bankrupted, everything was falling apart.

they wouldn't treat me right anymore to the point that they often call me a nuisance and a burden because of my existence.

"akira!" a male voice resonated upstairs and i shot my head up and let my thoughts fall down.

jimin.

andre's parents both shot me a death glare and i hurriedly ran to my room, just to find a furious andre jeon in there.

his index finger was pointed to the open window and i looked over it to see jimin run away.

"what..." andre started. "is that guy," he continued, his veins bulging on his neck and his jaw was clenched tightly. "doing here?!" he shouted and slapped me across the face.

i felt it sting, and i felt a tear escape my eye. it wasn't just a tear caused by physical pain; it was a tear of emotional pain.

"fuck you, andre!" i yelled at him and gave him a harsh slap as his eyes made those huge orbs, signalling that he was shocked.

not letting minutes pass, i quickly shut my mouth and tried to escape from him but i was stopped by mr. and mrs. jeon.

"what the hell did you do to my son?" mr. jeon asked me with his jaw clenched.

"i- s-sir...he s-slapped me." i uttered, while looking down at my feet.

"slapped you? you slapped him too, you wench! i heard it!" mrs. jeon shouted and again, i received another slap on my left cheek. it stung so much it hurt.

"andre, give me the key to the basement. we gotta teach this girl a lesson." mr. jeon said and andre did what he was told as ms. jeon dragged me down.

"no, please! no! not the basement! please, no!"

=====

(a/n: cLIFFHANGER HAHAHAHA)