23

narration.

without hesitation, jimin rushed out of his house and went straight to the jeon's.

he harshly pounded on the door, not caring if mr. and mrs. jeon would yell at him.

the door was unlocked and opened in a swift move, revealing the happy face of mrs. jeon.

"oh, keith. what a surprise! what brings you here, my boy?" mrs. jeon said in a sweet tone.

"good afternoon, mrs. jeon. may i talk to andre?" keith asked and gave her a small smile in which she returned. "of course, dear."

a few minutes passed, andre appeared at the door, smirking at keith who had his jaw clenched.

"what's up? looking for someone else other than me?" andre said mockingly, and keith couldn't contain his anger anymore as he lunged at andre and grabbed him by the collar.

"where is she?" he growled, hoping that the younger boy would be intimated and point directly onto where akira really was.

surprisingly, it had worked and a little while later, andre grew weak and his legs were trembling so much.

"oh, i wouldn't do that if i were you, park." jimin heard another male voice, and he looked up to see mr. jeon with a shotgun in hand.

"s-sir..." the boy mumbled, his breathing hitched as he saw mr. jeon's gun aimed at him.

"get lost before i shoot you." mr. jeon said in a threatening tone and with that, jimin ran quickly back to his house and grabbed the telephone.

he immediately dialed 911 and a few minutes later, someone picked up the phone and jimin stated all what happened.

"h-hurry! bring the police and the paramedics. i need them now at cypher 2, triptych street." he said, panicking, and hoped that the jeons didn't hurt aki.

he bit his lower lip in fright and he kept walking back and forth. left, right. up, down. aki..aki..aki..

she was the only one in his mind and he couldn't help but break into tears as he crouched down on the floor.

"i-i'm sorry, princess..." he said in between tears and clutched his aching heart.

just imagining the jeon family hurting akira all these years made his heart hurt so bad and his emotions started mixing between fear, anger, and sadness.

just then, he heard a loud siren coming from their house, and he quickly stood up from his position and wiped his tears away as he opened the door.

akira jeon, i hope you're okay.