1|Payback

It was too much.

She deserved more.

She deserved better.

She knew that.

And so did he.

Yet she still craved for him.

Her body & soul was in need of feeling his touch again.

But he was a dangerous man. The life he lived wasn't something she wanted. It reminded her too much of the streets in her home city of New Orleans. The very life she worked so hard to get away from, only to end up dealing with the same shit in a different country. People warned her about him and at first, she listened. She knew his type and yet she fell for him.

Then there were the trust issues. Just the thought of him being surrounded by pretty women all the time had her heated. "I don't want them jagiya, I want you." Those words he repeated to her over and over but she was just too insecure to believe him. How could she? In his society, he was a better fit for girls of his ethnic group than hers. Although she knew better than to believe it, she couldn't help but let it get to her head.

He was a beautiful man.

The type many girls wanted the attention from.

It was the thing that drove them untimely apart.

____________

12:36 A.M.

The club was packed as expected on this warm Friday night. Samora walked casually towards the bar as her Giuseppe heels clicked against the dark wooden floors beneath her. Tonight she decided to pull out her special little black dress since she was on a mission.

A mission to turn the tables for once.

To show him how hurtful it was seeing the person he claimed to love all hugged on someone who wasn't him. Hands caressing a stranger just for the thrills. Lips experiencing the taste of another man.

Even before she left out of her apartment tonight she knew he had someone watching her, sending back word to where she was headed to. Bang Yongguk always kept tabs on what was his, and Samora Lewis belonged to him. It's been that way since the two first got together. If you knew him then you KNEW just how much he cared for his gongjunim.

Of course, he had to keep a close eye on her for her protection as he would put it.

She knew before she even arrived he knew she'd be there, eyes watching her like a hawk from his exclusive section in VIP that looked over the club on the top floor.

A section where he would be surrounded by women.

Samora bit her bottom lip, forcing herself to not get so worked up. She hasn't talked to him in over two weeks after having a heated argument. He called and texted, even popped up at her apartment but she refused to talk to him. Now here she was at the very club where she knew he'd be, trying to make him jealous.

Pitiful.

Once at the bar, she ordered a shot to get her night started off right. More than anything she needed to take the edge off and relax. She knew it was risky considering she wasn't much of a drinker anyways but she didn't care. Tonight she was thinking with her heart and not her head.

A few shots into the night, she felt the liquor take over and the music began to move her body.

Samora wasn't even on the dancefloor long when she felt a strong arm wrap around her small waist. Taking it upon herself, she turned around to come face to face with a handsome man she has never met before. The music ironically slowed down, making him pull her closer to his chest. She wrapped her arms around his neck and swayed to the beat, her head rested into the crook of his neck taking a whiff of his manly but sweet scent.

The entire time she could feel eyes boring a hole into the side of her head. Yongguk had been keeping a close watch on Samora the whole night. The black dress she wore was way too short for his liking, and the way men eyed her as she walked passed them didn't quite sit right with him either.

Everyone who rumbled in the streets of South Korea knew she was off limits. He made sure of that.

Since she basically acted like he didn't exist, he decided to give her space but he wasn't expecting to see the love of his life walk inside this club looking like a full course meal.

He had to hold back a chuckle seeing her down drink after drink, she would regret it in the morning. When she headed to the dancefloor, his dark eyes raked over her slowly. He knew by now she had to be either completely drunk or halfway there. Looking to his side, he nodded his head towards one of his most trusted friends, Zelo.

Without saying a word, Zelo already knew what to do. Just as he went to stand up, a man decided to take it upon himself and not only approach her but to touch someone he knew not too. Yongguk sat up, slightly pushing off the arms of the women that laid around him. Zelo gave him a look before quickly making his way downstairs and pushed through the crowded dancefloor.

Barely in the stranger's arms for two minutes Samora was snatched away and pulled out of the club by Zelo. She wanted to protest but knew there would be no point in it. "Go home Noona, before you get someone killed," Zelo said seriously, crossing his arms across his chest. He knew all too well how ugly things could turn.

Samora rolled her eyes and threw her hands up angrily. "What the fu-? Did he tell you to do this?... You know what don't even answer that, I already know he did."

"Just leave, for your sake and mine. You know how bad this would've turned out if you went back inside there. What the hell were you even thinking in the first place?" He barked at her, baffled by her doing something so out of character. As long as he's known her, Samora was never the type to act recklessly.

She could feel the tears welled up in the corner of her eyes from being so frustrated. "He doesn't have any room telling me what I can and can't do Zelo, he doesn't have that right! How can he expect me to just sit back while he does all this shit and thinks I'll accept it? It's wrong and you know it! You know I deserve better than that." She wiped at the fallen tears angrily, upset that she was even crying over him.

Zelo gave her a sad look, knowing she was right. "I understand No—"

"Do you? I mean do you truly understand how hurt I am? Seeing him with all these girls like he doesn't have me waiting at home for him every night. You know as well as I do, these bitches don't hold him down like I do or must I remind you or him who the hell I am?"

He shook his head slowly. "Trust me I know but doing all of this just to make him jealous isn't the right way alright? Go home, and get some rest. I'll try to talk some sense into him." Realistically they both knew that wouldn't be the case. Yongguk had a mind of his own. It would be like talking to a brick wall.

She smiled weakly at his attempt to solve their issues as always. "Don't bother. You tell him I don't ever want to see him again. It's over." She mumbled turning away and walking towards the parking lot, not sparing Zelo another glance.

Her plan to make him jealous had worked but what she hoped would bring her some type of joy only left her feeling just as alone as when she came here.