MYTHS ABOUT HORSES SOME NON EWQUESTRIANS ACTUALLY BELIEVE

Myth: HORSES HAVE TO BE KEPT IN STALLS

Some people believe that horses are required to live in stalls-that they can't live in paddock or fields.

Truth: No. Horses do not have to live in stralls, although some horses do.  Horses whop live in stalls don't spend their entire lives outside of being ridden or  driven or which ever horse sport you  ride them/drive them in, they still get some paddock time.

--------

Myth: there is only one species of horse

Some have  believed that, excluding all the different breeds, there are no other horse species.

Truth: Actually, in the genus Equus, there are 4 different equine species alive today.The domestic horse(Equus caballus) the Prezwalki's horse,(Equus ferus caballus) who is native to Mongolia and the last True wild horse species on the planet, The Zebra(Equus quagga) and the donkey (Equus asinus). There is one other Species, who was thought to go extinct in the early 1900's, the Tarpan(Equus ferus ferus). 

-------

Myth: horse Quality can be determine by it's coat color

Truth:   it is a true myth partially, but only because rare colors will be More desirable and worth more money, depending on their rarity. You cannot, however, tell the horse's temperament, so you don't know if you are looking into a nervous, flighty  horse, or a stubborn, think headed brick who isn't scared of.....some things

---------------

Myth: only horses with spots on their hindquarters (or all over their bodies)are classified as Appaloosas.

Truth: -.- should I even explain this? Fine... Many different breeds of horses can have the appaloosa leapord coat pattern, but only the appaloosa can have the blanket spotting, so I understand what they believe, but Appaloosas have many other coat patterns too, such as snowflake, varnish roan, leopard, and snow capped.

Myth: hot blood and cold blooded horses have blood temperature differences

Truth: "Hot blooded" "warmblooded" and "cold blooded" all  refer to the temperment- for example, warm blooded horses are  typically calm.