Chapter 19

Vanessa's P.O.V

    I really should be grateful, I am healthy, have a big house, and a family.Maybe we are not the best functioning but it is still a family.If I am going to die soon I want to be on good terms with the people I love. Death almost seems like an illusion, far away, but each day it's getting closer and closer. I was a religious person,I still am but there is so much that I can't explain.

   I hesitently knocked on the door in front of me, I heard footsteos clicking on the hardwood floor behind the door followed my the door swinging open. Natile looked different,sure she was still wearing floweral skirts and TOMS but I knew her long enough to know that something was wrong. Natilie seemed pretty shocked to find me standing at the door, seeing as I hardly spoke to her since we moved. I don't want our realationship to be like that, when Natile remembers me I want her to think of me happy and loving, not cold and distant.

  "Hey there Nat" I said with a small smile using her old nick name. Natile came forward and pulled me into a tight hug. I sighed, realesing a breath I didn't know I was holding. My sister was much shorter than me so I reated my chin on her head and wispered,

  "I missed you too" Natile nodded as she still clung too me tight. She let me goand grabbed my hand, pulling me into her room. There were posters covering her room of Taylor Swift and One Direction. Her bed spread was a light pink, going well with her redwood floors and  tan walls.

 Both of us sat on her bed, as I tried to think of a way to say that I was going to be dieing in not too long. I guess she saw my thinking face on because she sat there paitiently, waiting for me to speak. "Nat?" I quietly said, turning to face her.

  "Yeah, Nessa?" Natile quickly replied.

  "You know I love you right? no matter whatever happens"

  "Do I want to know what you got yourself into this time?" Natile asked, giving me a suspicous look.

 "No, no you don't" I said almost chuckiling.

"In that case, I know you love me, and I love you too" She told me as she smiled.

 I have said goodbye, just in case. Now I just need to make a plan. I am not willingly going to go and let myself get sacrificed. I am not planning on dying anytime soon.

************* Next day **********

 I don't remember if it was the weekend or not, personally I didn't care. I couldn't face Gale after I charmed him,I think everybody deserves there free will,and I took that away from him. The guilt was killing me, but I deserved it. It reminds me what I am, A monster. Taylor was compleatly right, I just didn't want to admit it. I got up in the morning from my mom's unnescesary yelling,and shrugged on jeans and a random shirt. Pulling my hair into a messy bun on my head I grabbed my ipod some money on my bedside table.

 Everybody was gone in the morning, as usual. I grabbed an apple and made my way out of the door. Walking down the street I started making my way to the mall, Gale popped into my mind, it was the first place we met. I pulled out my ipod and put in my earphones and listening to A drop in the ocean by Ron Pope. It was one of my favorite songs, it described what I was feeling, but I wasn't sure it was gale I was feeling them for.

a drop in the ocean, a change in the wheather, I was praying that you and me might end up together. It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert, but I am holding you closer than most, cause you are my heaven.

   I almost passed the mall, which was pretty hard considering how big it was. Crowded,even on a weekday morning. I was just in my zombie zone, not really caring. Stepping inside the air - conditionedioning I looked around looking for starbucks. I am not usually a big fan of coffe, but seriously who dosen't love starbucks.

 Ordering my chai tea latte,I sat down at a table and used the free wi-fi. It became boring after about ten minutes but it beats staying at the empty house. In the middle of watching a Jenna Marbles video. Chuckiling to myself, probably looking crazy when the table moved scaring me half to  death.

  I cautiously looked up and saw Taylor, and to my own terror I wasn't that suprised. He showed up at so many unexpected times I guess That I am just used to it now. I looked back down at my screen, hoping he would just go away. He wouldn't though, of course.

 "Whatcha doing?" he asked, leaning down on the table.

 "Why do you care?" I asked not playing along with his little game.

 "I say we do something fun" replieing,not answering my question. I don't know why he would say that though, I don't want to go anywhere him. Right?  I guess I had to admit the obvious, I would have really liked him if he wasnt going to kill me,or atleast be apart of the people who will try. It was never going to happen between us though,even if he wasn't in the 'I kill freaks' club he wouldn't have liked me anyways.

 I needed something fun to do, even if it was with taylor. "What did you have in mind?"

************************************

 Authors note: I know, I know. It's short and It took me to long to update. I have been enjoying my summer and got a little blocked. I will start updating faster though, promise. I am seriously considering changing Gale's name throughout the story bbecause he is played by josh Hutcherson who plays Peeta in the Hunger Games (Best movie/book ever!) and the other guy is named gale in the book/ movie. Give me your options plus names. Any option or ideas are greatly appreciated.

Some people couldn't hear The song I posted on the last chapter, It was a drop in the ocean by ron pope. It is a great song and you should listen to it. I also put what makes you beautiful by one direction on the side. I LOVE THAT SONG. I mean ask anybody, I love that song. Tellme if you like it or not.

Normal is boring!!!