Ch. 7~ Lonely Girl

~Emma's POV~

I sat in a little room, tapping my fingers on my thighs. The guys from All Time Low hadn't arrived yet. Alex had wanted to work with the band's main lyricist; here I was.

I already had the message I wanted the song to convey. The verses would be as if I was speaking to my high school self. The chorus would be to those people back in Pittsburgh who didn't believe in CeCe and I, especially our former classmates.

Alex came through the door, "Hey!" He pulled me into a hug, "How are you?"

I smiled at him in awe, "I'm absolutely wonderful. You?"

"Pretty good," Alex cheered, "Lets get this started."

I nodded my head, and we began to brainstorm lyrics. After about half an hour, the chorus was figured out.

"Ok, so it's: you got a lot of nerve and/ looks like the table's turning/ and now you're wishing me well/ like you miss me/ you've got a dirty tongue and/ looks like the damage done is/ forever and it's a long time to miss me."

Alex nodded his head, "It definitely works with the message you have."

I sighed, "Now the verses."

"Hey," Alex spoke and I looked up at him from the laptop, "You guys are recording your EP before you go back to Australia. Right?"

I nodded my head, "Yeah, we've had it written for awhile now. It's like your classic pop-punk. Upbeat and fun. Most of it in a major key."

"Well," he began, "once you make an album, you should use your punk roots. Like keep it pop-punk, but maybe add in grimier guitar riffs; do it in minor keys. Make a statement with it by keeping it pop-punk, but not your happy, uplifting typical stuff you usually hear."

I smiled, "I will definitely suggest that to the girls. They're down for anything."

Alex smiled, "It's just a thought. It'd be sick if it happened though."

I smirked, "Lonely girl/ you lost the only thing you loved/ nothing that you had was ever good enough/ and I won't be the one who keeps you sane/ and I won't be the one who stays the same."

"Damn," Alex laughed, "Those rumors about your writing was definitely true. I didn't believe it, but fuck."

"Well," I smiled, "I have finished songs in hours before. I guess I just get so involved in it, I can't do anything until its done."

~

"This is gonna be great," I smiled.

Alex and I entered a room down the hallways from where we were writing. As we entered, my heart was pounding in my chest and I felt anxious. Standing in front and next to me were the people who saved my lives. That's a big deal.

"Shit!" Jack had yelled after he tripped over an ottoman.

"Hey!" Rian smiled, walking over to me. "I've met all the others, but I've been dying to meet you. I heard you're a fangirl!"

I laughed as he engulfed me in a hug, "Yeah, I would definitely fall under that category."

Zack came over and hugged me as well, "It's great to finally meet! That video of you at Kennywood was touching. It proved that we are real people, too."

I began to cry. I wish I had a reasonable explanation as to why I began to sob in front of everyone, but my mind went blank. Jack chuckled and embraced me after Zack, "Please don't cry."

"I'm sorry," I wiped my eyes. "Its just that you guys saved my life. I seriously would have committed if it wasn't for all of you. Thank you."

Jack did not let go of me until my breathing had calmed, and I was no longer crying. I couldn't believe how kind they were acting towards us all. It was truly remarkable.