Ch. 12~ Warped Tour

Please looked up "Elevated" by State Champs!

~Emma's POV~

"You guys nervous?" Brian Dales of The Summer Set asked us.

I nodded, "I feel like we aren't exactly excepted by the crowd."

"You guys go harder than us," Jess Bowen added in.

"But did you tour with a boyband?" CeCe sarcastically laughed.

"You guys will be fine!" Zac Eisenstein of Man Overboard threw an arm around my shoulders. "I heard you guys soundchecking yesterday. Just go in, fuck shit up, and leave!"

We all laughed and Emily replied, "Will do, Zac! Thanks guys!"

On that note, Lost In The Echo took the stage. Unlike the bands who performed before us, there was not much of a reaction. We were not boo'ed- for the most part- but we were not cheered for either. It seemed as though the main stage crowd was not paying attention to us; instead, they were watching the skate ramp behind them.

"Hello, Brisbane!" Kaitlyn yelled.

No reaction, "Well, we are Lost In The Echo and we wanna thank you guys for your time today!"

"Let's just start," I huff out of the microphones reach.

CeCe begins to count down and we start into "Best Thing." Emily begins to sing the first verse, and I notice that many people are ignoring our presence. I decide that when I sing the second verse, I'll make sure we get their attention.

"You like to think you've broke the mold/ but now I sure/ you'll crack just like the rest when I/ break your fucking jaw!"

Our friends backstage were hollering at my use of the profanity. I noticed that some people in the crowd were watching us now. If only we get some hype coursing through the crowd.

After we had played "Best Thing," "Rumor Mill," and "Misery Business," we had about half of the crowd really paying attention to our performance. There was a handful of concert-goers trying to look like they were not watching our performance. I noticed a group of guys near the barricade laughing and booing us.

"And what's your problem?" I asked into the mic.

The crowd went silent and one of the boys up front began yelling up to me, "This is a disappointment!"

"What the fuck did you expect?!" I laughed. "We are four teenage girls with pink drumsticks and purple hair."

"Fags!" he yelled.

"I don't know," I laughed. "Those skinny jeans and blue hair look pretty feminine. My hair used to be that color. Hey! Why don't we go on a date to the nearest salon and get our hair dyed pink?"

The crowd was yelling "Oh!" and "Burn!" while laughing. The boy was yelling up again, "Play some real fucking music!"

"We didn't ask you to watch us! Jesus Christ, Blood On The Dance Floor is on your shirt. Okay, why don't you leave this fucking crowd? Because if you wanted good music out in the world, you'd make it yourself. From the looks of it, you don't have the balls to. So, fuck you, dude!" I yelled, throwing both of my middle fingers in the air.

The group of guys stared dumbfounded at us. The entire crowd was cheering now. My friends backstage were hollering and laughing. The girls were laughing on stage.

"Sorry guys," I chuckled, directing my statement to the crowd, "I just get really worked up when people have the balls to tell someone their music sucks. If it's so bad either a) don't fucking listen to it or b) go out and make your own material."

After my argument, we performed "Takes One To Know One" and a new song we hadn't performed yet entitled, "Elevated." To close out our set, we performed "Stay Awake." To my surprise, most of the crowd was watching our performance now. Even more to my surprise, they were a few people singing along. We had finished our first official show of the Vans Warped Tour. We were all buzzing with excitement as we came off of the stage.

"That was priceless," Zac was laughing and threw his arms around my shoulders.

"Party on our bus tonight!" Brian Dales laughed.

"Yeah," Josh Montgomery yelled, "you're the guest of honor!"

"Hope you have some booze, Mr. Montgomery!" I laughed.

"Stocked up just this morning!" he laughed.

I eventually found myself sitting outside of our tour bus. I tapped the cigarette in-between my fingers everyone once in awhile, taking a long drag every minute or so. Eventually, I was checking Twitter. I wanted to see the people's reaction to their Koko performance from two days earlier. It was astounding.

"Hello?" I answered my ringing phone.

"I have a few things to tell you before you fuck up your life," it was Michael.

"Michael?" I am dumbfounded. "What the fuck are yo-"

"Take the cancer stick out of your mouth. End your relationship with Jack Daniels and his relatives."

"Michael-"

"Most importantly, throw away the razors."

"Michael!" I yelled.

"It's not only me who knows now. Your fans are catching on."

And with that, he hung up-leaving me clueless and light-headed. It felt like all air had been sucked from my body. The cigarette butt fell to the ground and I stomped on it. He said the fans were catching on. I pulled my phone and began scrolling through Twitter.

To my dismay, there were multiple pictures of my bracelet covered wrists. In one particular shot, the bracelets were misplaced upon my forearm. If you looked even closer, you could see my lacerated flesh. Next, the world would know.