Chapter 16

Chapter 16

It was an hour before Niall came to pick me up for The Script concert and I still had no idea what to wear. Half of my closet was thrown about my room; skirts tossed on my bed, shirts on my office chair, jeans flung in ever direction. It was safe to say I hated everything I tried on.

“Ugh!” I groaned allowed, throwing more articles of clothing over my shoulder.

A chuckle came from my doorway, followed by Danielle’s amused voice. “Having some trouble, dear?”

I looked over my shoulder at her. “Nothing’s right!”

She came over to wear I stood, maneuvering her way throw the piles of clothes. She took one look at my closet and knew exactly what she was looking for. She shoved the items into my arms, ordering me to change. I slipped on my favorite pair of distressed skinny jeans, pulling the loose white sweater that hung off my left shoulder on over them. The sleeves of the lightweight sweater came to my elbows so I wouldn’t get too hot at the concert. I slipped on my favorite brown riding boots then looked in the mirror, smiling at Dani’s creation. It was perfect!

“I love it!” I hugged her neck, jumping up and down.

She giggled, patting my back. “Hurry and finish. Niall will be here in ten minutes.”

I had a mini panic attack when I realized I had lost track of time before I hurried to throw on some makeup. After putting on my usual mascara and eyeliner, I applied a quick coat of lip gloss and adjusted my hair in the mirror. When I was satisfied, I grabbed my purse and ran to the living room. Nialler was already there talking to Danielle. I appraised his simple blue t-shirt and jeans, smiling at how adorable he looked.

Not to mention the blue of his shirt really made his eyes stand out, which made my heart do all sorts of strange flutters.

“Ra-Ra!” He called, grabbing me in a hug.

I laughed. “Nialler!”

“You ready to go?”

“I think so. Dani, can you think of anything I’m forgetting?” I looked over to see her snapping a picture of Niall and I. I rolled my eyes. “Hey, no paparazzi!”

She stuck her tongue out at me. “Deal with it. If I catch you two being adorable, there will be a picture taken. Anyway, yes. You’re forgetting the camera, loser.”

I face-palmed. “I definitely need that.” I took the camera she handed me then smiled at Niall. “Okay, I’m ready!”

He took my hand and led me to his car, chattering away about how much Paul had liked our I Want performance yesterday.

“He thinks we should make it a permanent part of any of our gigs.” He smirked at me as he drove down the road.

I was afraid to take my eyes off the road, slightly frightened by Niall’s driving. Let’s just say he’s a scary as heck driver and leave it at that. But my gaze did shift to him when he said that.

My jaw dropped. “Seriously? Like take it on tour?”

He nodded. “Yup! If, of course, you girls agree to it.”

“That’d be amazing! Danielle’s going to flip when she finds out.”

Niall swerved around a car, making me refocus on making it to the concert alive.

*****

We had front row seats. Freaking front row seats! I could do nothing but fan girl at the thought of being that close to my favorite band. Was this how directioners felt about being close to the boys? If so, I now sympathize with them.