Explainations were never easy

As we each walk our separate paths there was only Chase and I left. He leads me into a foresty Type area with a narrow path. We walk in silence until I spot a bench. Once we got close enough to the bench, Chase shoves me onto it  and looks me straight in the eye, his eyes like emeralds. Weirdly, showing determination instead of anger.

"You said you would explain everything so go ahead," he said in a very confusing tone.

"Fine, as long as you promise you'll tell no one," I say. He sighs and nods. He doesn't look like he's lying so I start.

"About a week ago my parents took me to the hospital because I wouldn't stop coughing, they thought it was some sort of asthma but it turned out to be something," I look down.

"Something much worse," I look up at him with tears slowly forming in my eyes.

"I have had cancer in my lungs for a while now but I only found out a week ago," He flinched as if getting shot. And it looked like his eyes were getting glossier.

"It's terminal," I say. His eyes widened and he covers his mouth while stumbling backwards a bit.

"How much more..." he asks, not finishing the sentence. But I still understood what he wants to say.

"A week ago I had less than a month left, so I only have a week and a half or so to live," I say, not wanting to look at him but I can't draw my eyes away from his emerald green ones. That's one of the things I love about him. Even when crying they're beautiful.

"I'm...," I get cut off by a terrible pain in my chest followed by coughing. But this time it wouldn't stop.

"Lucille!" Chase cries.

I fall off the bench onto the floor, the pain in my chest getting bigger and bigger I can barely stay conscious. Chase starts patting me on the back, not knowing what to do with himself. But as soon as I start coughing up blood he gets his phone out of his pocket and starts dialing 911.

As soon as I notice I get up, still coughing, and grabbed his phone before I fall again. He kept on fighting me, telling me I had to get to the hospital immediately, but I held on to that phone as tight as I could. Even with the pain pulsing through my chest with every cough. The coughing finally stopped and I fall to my side, blood everywhere, and meekly, I say.

"See, I'm okay, no need for the doctor," in a soft, hoarse voice. And then everything goes black.

                    ————————
30sec later

I open my eyes. everything was hazy but I could just make out the outline of a guy looking down at me. My vision clears and I recognized the face. It was Chase and it looked like he was crying. I get up in a sudden rush and then almost fall back down. I held my head in agony while looking at my surroundings. He didn't bring me to the hospital. We were in the same place we were before. Chase stands up and wraps his arms around me.

"Why do you have to go and make me worry like that?" He says while smiling with relief. I could see some fresh tears still rolling down his cheek.

I look at him with confusion but stay in the hug. His warm embrace taking away a bit of the pain, if just for a moment.

"Why didn't you call 911?" I ask.

"Lucille, I heard what you were talking about on the phone, I know you don't want to have the surgery and I also don't want you wasting your last few days, if I took you to the hospital they would take advantage of your unconscious state by orders of your parents and go through with the surgery, if you were unconscious for another minute I would have taken you to the hospital but you were only out for a few seconds so there was no need," he says. I'm so grateful to him. These are all reasons why I love him, he understands me.

"But just answer me this," he says. Still hugging me.

"Why don't you want your friends to find out?" He asks. I guess there's no reason not to tell him.

"I want the last few days of my life to be normal, I don't want people treating me like a queen because I'm going to die before them, I also want to spend my time with the people who care for me, not people who want to be popular," I respond. He nods and looks at me with respect. That was not the reaction I thought I'd get.

"I haven't thought about it that way before, I guess you wouldn't even be able to have some time to yourself because people would want to ask you a bunch of questions or say they feel sorry," he says. My eyes glaze over and I look down.

"I promise I won't tell anyone about your secret, as long as you tell me the estimated day of your death." he says, letting me out of the hug.

"I promise," I say, But I stay in the hug and bury myself into his shoulder, But didn't I say I was a good liar.

"Just not today."

**
Do you pass out when you're coughing up to much blood, is that a thing? Please tell me if I'm wrong.