The 1st letter

March 19

I was scrummaging through my locker fiercely. I've been coughing up blood way more often now and have fainted a few times. I don't know how much time I have left. I finally find what I'm looking for and quickly placed it in my bag.

"What's that?" I turn around in shock, it was my locker partner and best friend Kristen.

"Oh it's nothing, just my agenda, it has all my assignments in it and I wouldn't be able to keep track of them without it,"  I lie.

"Okay, what are you doing today?" She asks.

"I don't have anything planned, why?"

"Do you want to hang out? We can go to my house," she asks. I already know this is a bad idea. I can feel some blood already creeping up in my throat.

"I'm sorry but my mom wants me home right after school, but you can walk with me if you wish," I suggest. She nods and we make our way to my house.

We walk in silence for a while and I'm not to sure why. Then something clicks.
I swear if Chase told her I will kill him! I thought. Curiosity takes over me and I ask.

"Why you so quiet? your usually way to loud I can barely even speak," I ask. She gets startled by the sudden noise.

"It's nothing, just one question, what happened?" I stand there in shock. That idiot told her!

"W-what do you mean?" I ask, crossing my fingers, hoping I was missing something.

"You were so happy and energetic before, you would always make jokes and smile but now your..." she pauses.

"You seem depressed," she says. I sigh in relief.

"No it's nothing like that, it's just that...," should I tell her? I shouldn't.

"There's just some family business," I lie again.

"Okay well you know you could ask me for anything right, I'm here for you," she says. It's true though, she's always been there for me.

"I know and same for me, as long as I live I will protect you with my life," I say, knowing I'm not lying. I don't have much life left anyways.

"Thanks," she says. We finish walking to my house, we say our goodbyes and she walks off.

And I already know who my first letter is going to.

**
Idk what I'm doing, thoughts?