The terrible news (two years before)

June 9, 2016

I freeze.
I'm at the hospital with my doctor in front of me, moving his mouth as if he's saying something but I can't hear a thing. Nothing but my heartbeat quickening and the same words over and over again as if replaying the moment inside my head, hoping he'd made some sort of mistake. But there was no error to be found. I'd been diagnosed with lung cancer.

The yellow walls start closing in. Panicked, I lower my head, shut my eyes and cover them with my hands, my head all of a sudden throbbing like it does when nails drag on a chalkboard. In the corner of my eye I could see my dad holding my mother, trying to calm her down while fresh tears slide down her face.

" I'm so sorry for this and wish I could do more to help but sadly, I am only able to do so much," doctor Drassi says, packing up his stuff and getting ready to go home for the day. His eyes sad and understanding as he looks from my parents to me.

" once we finish looking over the tests I will contact you immediately. But i must be off. You have my condolences and Lucille,". I felt his eyes looking at me, it made me sick as the word cancer was played once more in head, I refused to return his gaze.

" treat everyday as if it's your last," I nod, my head down, still not looking at him, and walk out. I didn't realize I was crying until I stepped out of the room.

( Lucille has long, platinum blond hair with a more narrow face than chubby and freckles. She also has cobalt blue eyes and is about 5.6 feet tall. She is usually a very hyper and excited person.)
**
How was the first chapter? I'm planning on making these chapters short so that you don't get bored to fast. Thoughts???