Chapter 37- Déjà Vu

A/N: @TheLadder89, here's the video. 😊

Mom went down the car first to receive this unexpected visitor, while I continued to sit in the car, mouth agape.

The driver climbed back up into the driver's seat to park in our garage. "Kuya, teka lang! Bababa muna ko," I instructed him while I scampered to get out of the vehicle.

Oh my god. He's here! He is really here! In my house!

...and talking to my mother!

"I'm sorry po if it's a bit late. I just wanted to congratulate Maine personally."

"Oh, don't worry about it. And congratulations to you too, iho. I know you won tonight too."

"Thank you po, Mrs. Mendoza."

"Call me Tita Mary Ann."

RJ smiled and nodded at my mother. He then looked up and our eyes met.

I waved. He smiled and wave back.

We stared at each other and it dawned on me that the last time we saw each other was in Singapore. SINGAPORE! That seemed like ages ago. It was two and a half months ago, to be exact.

"Why don't you come in? Halika, let's celebrate with some desserts."

RJ struggled to peel his gaze off of me to acknowledge my mother's invitation.

Don't you dare, Faulkerson! Madami tayo dapat pagusapan! Hindi tayo makakapagusap sa loob ng bahay namin!

"Okay lang po ba to if I let my dog stay in your garden? He is in a dog carrier naman po."

"Sige lang, iho."

No wonder his car windows were fully open. He's got his furry friend inside it. But bingo! "Umm, mom... I think if his dog has been in the car for some time, he can use a walk."

As if on cue, his dog gave a little bark. Or was that a howl? Siberian huskies are an intelligent breed and he seems to know what we were talking about. Good boy, Globie!

"Sige. But don't go too far. Be back as soon as you can for desserts. Gutom ba kayo ulit? How about if we have some food delivered?"

"Anything will do mom."

RJ's eyes roamed from my face down to my feet. Tonight, I wore a midnight blue wrap maxi dress with cross back strap and a square neckline. It had a side slit all the way up to my mid-thigh.

Conscious of his gaze, my hand went to my neck to toy with my jewelry- the necklace he sent me for Christmas. "Maine, shouldn't you change your shoes?" RJ suggested, noting my four-inch open-toed stilettos.

"Right," I agreed as I ran inside the house to find the first pair of comfortable footwear I could get my hands on.

Pwede na to! I thought as I struggled to fit into Yaya Pe's flip flops. Argh! Hindi kaya! I had no choice but to run up to my room to grab a pair of flat sandals.

When I got out of the house, I found RJ in the garden. With his back turned, he bent and put a harness and leash on Globie. This is the first time I've seen Globie live and up-close. He is a combination of white and black coat and his warm eyes are a deep shade of rich brown. What a handsome dog! And the owner doesn't look too bad himself.