Brambleclaw x Reader

Yo was good homiez

"Squirrelflight! What the he-"

"Hey! No cursing!" Squirrelflight hissed

"Right, fine."

Squirrelflight stuck her tounge out at you and you rolled your eyes. She had just comeback from hunting and was holding a huge hawk in her right hand.

"How did you even manage to catch that, it's been ages sense the tribe taught you." You said with a small grin

"I'm just lucky, it's not easy being so fortunate!" She boasted, giving her hair a bounce with her free hand

"Right, it's not easy being so perfect." You deadpanned

Her eyes aided and her head whipped back to stare at you.

"That's mean! Why do you have to be such a sourpuss" she nagged

You huffed and turned, walking away with semi-flat ears and your tail swishing behind you indignantly.

You were siblings, along with Leafpool. You were hardheaded and self-loathing, sometimes it clashed with Squirrelflights stubbornness and pride.

You didn't hate yourself, you just thought of yourself as below average. With your h/c hair and e/c eyes, you didn't think it matched at all and that you stuck out among your sisters even though your mother said you were beautiful.

But then again
Isn't that what all mother's say to their children?

You slammed the door on your way out and marched away. You soon found yourself in a field, you recognized it as the one you played in all the time with your friends when you were younger.

You crouched down and hugged your arms. You looked up at the tall, yellow grass, the tips appearing to vanish into the autumn blue sky.

A sudden flood of grief struck your heart and you let your head loll into your arms and cried.

You didn't realize you needed to be alone and cry but there you were, and you didn't know that you weren't alone until someone lightly touched you.

You jumped and made a noise between a scream and a squeal. Before falling forward onto your knees and forearms before flipping yourself over.

"Oh, sorry, I wasn't trying to scare you, I just saw you and uh.. got concerned so uh.. yea." The familiar brown hair boy said, Amber eyes darting around awkwardly

"It's fine, I should have probably gone somewhere else. " you said lightly

There was awkward and uncomfortable pause.

"You uh.. why are you here... uh crying?" He asked, crouching down to be level with you

"I don't know, envying my sister, wanting to go back to childhood." You reply, eyes focusing on your hands

Another pause

"I've never seen you cry before."

You face flushed in embarrassment

"But it's fine with me!" He covered up quickly, "it's just that I've always seen you as.. uh.. happy."

"Happy people aren't always happy." You said

"I know, but. Yea..." he looked away

You began thinking about happiness and it threw you back down the deep dark hole of despair. You head got reburied in your arms and silent tears crawled out of your eyes.

A sudden warmth filed around you. It was soft but strong, like when your mother would hold you as a toddler, it was probably the most comforting hug you've had in years.

That was not what I was going for but it just kinda.... happened...
Hope you liked it and I hope to write again soon

Toodleoo my doodz
Happy Valentine's day! ❤❤