Laser Tag

This is the laser tag day mentioned in the bowling chapter...

There was nothing to do in the house. Everyone was sick of watching movies and going out to the movies, so they wanted to try something new.

"We need a new activity to do," Jazmine says. Everyone agreed.

"What yall wanna do?" Cindy asks.

"Play basketball?" Riley suggests.

"Hearing you bitch and moan all the way home isn't something I feel like going through today," Donte says. Riley gives him the finger.

"We could do go-karts," Jada suggests.

"I don't feel like getting whip lash," Jazmine says, glaring over at Huey.

"What the hell you look over here for?" He questions.

"I wanna go do laser tag," Caesar says. 

"Ohhh, that sounds fun!" Jada says.

"Yea, let's do that!" Riley agrees.

And so, they were off.

They all get to Laser Arts (I made this up) a laser tag place not too far from where they live.

"So how we gon set this up?" Riley asks.

"What you mean?" Cindy questions.

"Teams. Who gon be on what team?"

"We could do teams of 4. Girls vs. boys?" Jazmine suggests.

"That's so cliche," Jada says.

"I wanna do teams of 3 but we won't have even teams," Riley says. 

"Well, I don't really feel like playing so I'll sit this one out," Donte says.

"Yea, same. Ya'll can go have fun," Cindy says.

The settled the teams. Huey, Riley, and Jada on one team and Jessica, Jazmine, and Caesar on another.

The referee explained the rules before allowing the two teams to go out onto the mini battle field. 

Donte and Cindy watched from the monitor outside and bought food.

"Alright," Jazmine says. "We're up against gang members."

"Huey technically isn't in a gang but I'll let you have it," Caesar says. Jazmine rolls her eyes,

"These Freemans are stealthy and have great aim. We gotta stick together and don't let them get us one by one."

"You think we'll able to win?" Jessica asks. "I mean, I've seen all three of them with guns. They move quick as hell, even with the big ass gear on."

"We can do it!" Jazmine replies, showing more enthusiasm than needed. "Go team!"

"Go team," Jessica and Caesar say plainly.

The buzzer went off and they had 10 minutes to rack up enough points to win. 

The small team honestly felt uneasy. Being up against all three Freemans was scary. They didn't know when or where they'd pop up. 

PEW!

Jazmine's back flashed indicating she was hit. Caesar followed where the laser was but didn't see anyone there. Another sound went off but this time Jessica's shoulder flashed. 

"Oh hell nah," Caesar said. "This big ass course and we can't see none of them!"

"We need to move, Jazmine," Jessica says, "Now!"