Lunch Buddies?

After the discovery of a terrified Nikki she stayed with me most of the time in the halls. I don't blame her. I'm the tallest guy in this school. She was still in my spare hoodie and by time lunch all the students would eat this strange food. At least its not the QuarterMasters food.  Though scooping some fruit that i probably would never eat. So i got a gigantic cookie for the first day to eat. I left the line. Payed. And started looking for a place to sit.
'MAX. IVER HERE' a girl yelled. I looked around to see Maxine waving her arm to signal me. Not many people turned down the offer to sit with the twins. But I am still pissed that she kissed me. So i walked past and, putting my hand on the table, said 'Hell to the motherfuckin NO' I then got back up to full height and walked on to find a spot clearing away. I grabbed two seats and waved Nikki down. She came over and sat next to me.
'So you when't to CampCampbell. Did you have a happy as fuck councilor?' I asked. This could be my Nikki.
'Yeah. He looks a lot like your fathers. Well mostly your dad David. Daniel was a cultist leader. I can tell they rehabilitated him.' She said in a EXTREMELY familiar optimistic voice.
'Yeah. And they met at campCampbell. I when't there but at the time was annoyed with David cause. Damnit. Happy at the time is fuckin annoying at times.' I laughed.
'Lunch Buddies?' She said.
'Lunch Buddies.'
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
~^~Three hours later~^~
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I walked in my house to see it was all decorated.
'Why is the house covered in happy things?' I wondered out loud.
'Did you REALLY forget about your OWN birthday?!?!' Daniel said from outside.
'Yeah. I was a long day.' I shrugged.
'What happened this time.' David said coming up in front of me. I jumped over the couch and sat down, taking off my boots.
'So...' I started to retell the day to my fathers. 'And know i'm back home telling you guys what happened.' I finished. Happy about the way I choose to retell it. 'Oh and I have some homework to do. I'll come back down when I finish.' Getting up i walked swiftly to the stairs and jumped up them to my room. A phone number written  a crossed my hand ; I pulled opened my door and threw my things on the bed. I closed the door. I jumped onto my bed and quickly did the homework.

Finishing the simple homework I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I answered it.

'Hello. Who is this?' I asked
'Oops. Sorry. Its Nikki.'
'I just finished my homework and my dads are killing the house with decorations.' I laughed into my phone.
A sound that sounded a bit like a snort came through the phone. 'You guys throwing a party?'
'Yeah. Its my Birthday.' I said.
'Welp I'm coming over to your house.' She said and the call ended.
'Okay then.' I sighed and put my phone on the charger.
Maybe tomorrow would be better. And the party is tomorrow. Time to Get my music and help with the party. I started to clean my room. 'Tomorrow is a new day Max. Don't fool yourself.'  And i when't down and helped the Dads with decorating.