Chapter 1

*Shawn's POV*

My sister Aailyah and I were walking down the sidewalk because Aaliyah said she had to tell me something. As we were walking, she told me one of her best friends past away last night from a car wreck. I stopped and held her as she cried in my chest. After a few minutes, she stopped crying and we met our parents at the Cafe'. We walked in and there was a girl there I've never seen before. She came over to our table.

"Hey I'm Anna! I'll be helping you out. I'm also new here! I moved here three weeks ago. My mom got a job down here so I just started this job yesterday. I'm so sorry, I'll shut up about myself now. What would you like to drink?" Anna asked.

I looked her up and down. Man, she was beautiful.

"Two sweet tea's for me and my wife. What do y'all want?" Dad asked.

"I want a sprite." Aaliyah said.

"I want a coke please."

"Ok I'll be right back." Anna said. She then turned around and walked away.

"Shawn, I saw you checking her out." Aaliyah said with a smile.

"No I wasn't Aaliyah."

"Yes you were."

"Aaliyah shut up."

"Shawn we know you better than you think we do." mom said.

"I DIDN'T CHECK HER OUT!" I whisper yell but Anna heard me and I quickly looked away and looked outside.

I saw something run super fast across the road. It was too fast to be a animal. I looked up and Anna came back with our drinks. Someone came in the café and walked to the bar. Anna rolls her eyes at the man and faced us again.

"Do you want anything to eat?" she asked.

"No thank you." dad said.

"Alright enjoy."

I watch as Anna turned around and I looked her up and down, biting my lip.

"Shawn stop staring. We know you like what you see." dad said.

"Dad don't embarrass me." My face heated up.

I looked over to see Anna talking to the man and I listened.

"Anna for the last damn time I'm your dad not Billy." the man said.

"And for the last damn time, you're not my fucking dad. I didn't come from your tiny dick." Anna said walking to the back.

"YOU JUST WAIT UNTIL YOU GET HOME ANNA!" he yelled.

"AND WHAT IF I DON'T COME HOME!?"

"YOU BETTER OR YOU'RE GROUNDED!"

"YOU DON'T OWN ME! I KNOW YOU MORE THAN YOU KNOW ME! I'M NOT YOUR FUCKING DAUGHTER!"

"Alright if you don't come home tonight then your little brother and sister are mine!"

The man started to walk out the door when Anna jumped over the bar table.

"BILLY I SWEAR IF YOU TOUCH THEM, I'LL TELL MY MOM WHAT REALLY HAPPEN TO MY REAL DAD AND YOU WILL REGRET TOUCHING THEM! I WILL KILL YOU OVER MY SIBLINGS!"

"If you tell your mom anything, I'll tell her you're crazy and we'll send you to a mental hospital." The man smirked. The he walked out.

"No way am I letting this happen." Anna said clocking out and locking the café down.

She walked to our table.

"I'm sorry you had to hear that but I have to get home and protect my siblings. I'm so sorry. Can y'all lock the last door down when you leave please?"