Chapter Six

April praised half-days on campus because it meant she could relieve all her stress from classes at the gym. Or at the track. Either way her work out therapy helped calm her down. Bidding goodbye to her peers, she noticed a familiar black mustang parked near campus.

"Took you long enough" - Roger reached over and opened her door for her.

"You didn't have to pick me up"

"I was in the area"

"You live forty-five minutes from here, whatchu mean you were in the area?" April saw right through the lie he tried effortlessly to hide.

"I wanted to go shopping, you can help me" Roger smiled

April rolled her eyes, Roger cared more about his appearance then she did her own. She agreed, seeing as she had no choice anyways.

April followed Roger around to his usual stores for some new clothes. They were stopped in front of footlocker by two girls around Aprils age. One was a bit taller than April and way skinnier.

"Hi I'm Hillary, can I have your number?"

Dawwww did this girl actually have enough balls to ask him that while April was standing next to him?? lol she glared at Roger who looked back at her and mumbled something.

"Sorry I don't think my girlfriend would approve" Roger gave a bright smile and held Aprils hand

"Oh I thought you were brother and sister"

By now April was flaming and Roger could feel her body heat up. He held onto her tightly, restricting her from starting something. April gave the girls a wide smile as they walked into the store.

"That was rude. And stupid and and.... why are you smiling like that?" April looked up to him.

"You're still holding my hand"

"Oh... sehh I thought those girls were still watching us" She let go of his hand. Roger mentally punched himself for saying something like that because she let go.

They both split up and searched for shoes. Roger made his purchase of tns before making his way to April who could not get her eyes off a pair of white Huaraches.

"Get them. They'd suit you" - Roger

April shook her head saying she didn't need them.

"I'll buy them"

"Nah it's fine I'll get them another day"

Roger got the attention of one of the workers and asked for a pair of those shoes in Aprils size. April tried telling the worker not to follow Rogers order but he was already making his way to the front counter with them. Once Roger bought the shoes and handed it to April, she attempted to back to the counter to refund them but he held a firm grip around her waist.

"I'll pay you back next week"

"No your not" He smiled and the conversation ended like that.

"You hungry?"

"No"

"Lies. You're always hungry"

"No, I ate before my last class. I'm fine"

"You want anything?"

"No"

"Lies again but alright."

They made their way to his car and April decided to drive. Roger didn't argue but took charge of the radio.

"What are we?" - April