Orbot Does a Thing

Orbot sighed as he mopped, hitting something under a table. He pulled out a piece of a leg and unfortunately knew who it belonged to.

“I have to return this.” Orbot said, tucking the metal plate under his arm he started to put the mop away.

“Where are you going?” Eggman asked.

“I found a part that someone needs.” Orbot growled, he went to leave.

“Don’t be home late!” Cubot called, Orbot waved and continued on and out of the diner. He looked at the plate and grumbled, he took a turn and started going on his way. Eventually, he was in a quiet part of town, a suburb of the bustling robot district. He walked up to the only large building in the area, at the end of a block.

Inside the sleepy building, a large bustling common room was alive, robots working with others, hanging around, and enjoying their time. Orbot scanned, and found two robot’s he vaguely knew.

“Bocoe, Decoe!” Orbot called, he went to the two. They looked over but disregarded him.

“Hey does Scratch live here?” He asked, they continued with their checkers and ignored him.

“Scratch is in his tree!” Grounder called pulling up.

“Where is that?” Orbot asked.

“I’ll show you!” Grounder called.

Grounder pushed Orbot out of the building and down the street. Orbot shook away from him.

“You don’t have to push.” Orbot called, the two walked until they got to a familiar place in town. They got to the Presidential manners back gate.

“HEY SCRATCH!” Grounder yelled, scratch poked out of the tree.

“Yeah?” Scratch asked, he saw Orbot and glared at him.

“I have a piece of your plating!” Orbot called, pulling out the metal. Scratch squawked.

“Come up then.” He went back into the tree. Grounder patted Orbot on the back.

“I got to get back to the home, warm oil night, see ya!” and Grounder left.

Orbot looked at the tree, and floated up into it. Surprised to see the penthouse suit with a view inside of it.

“Don’t just float in the doorway tin can!” Scratch snapped. Orbot entered and looked around. Scratch stood in the middle of the room, tapping a foot, in a b-boy stance.

“Do you want your leg panel?” Orbot asked, Scratch rolled his eyes.

“Yeah, I guess.” Scratch spat, Orbot floated over and handed it to him.

“You really are a piece of molded plastic aren't you?” Scratch said, snatching his leg panel he flopped on his couch to put it back on.

“And you're a rusted piece of scrap iron.” Orbot hissed.

“But mr. perfect adult had to bring my panel back, and have a kid and husband to take care of, and a actually nice Robotnik! You wear clothes and you have maturity, and no programs forgotten about that drive you crazy! You have it better that we ever did back in the day! You post Robot Craze robot’s just don’t understand!” Scratch shouted, flurrying up.

“Excuse me? The only reason I’m even still around is because Doctor Eggman needs someone to take care of him, it could have been any damn robot he ever made! You early bots have your freedom and even in your stupidity he still looks back on you guys nostalgically! The only reason I even have the little bit of care from him is because you all fought hard for it!” Orbot shouted back, Scratch huffed.