The Spawn

Shadow burst in the door, glare tight at Eggman.

"The gig is up, Eggman, we-"

"I'm retired sit down and eat or get out." Eggman yelled, Shadow huffed, but sat next to Sonic.

"Why are you here?" Sonic asked, taking a sip of his coffee.

"Someone stole a damn chaos emerald at the same time someone broke into a weapons store at the GUN headquarters." Shadow snorted, Orbot came over and filled Shadows mug with oil.

"Sounds like the weapons store was a cover up." Orbot said mindlessly.

"Yes we thought that but it was two different break in methods." Shadow mused, Orbot shook his head and floated away. "It's odd, one break in is completely reminiscent of Eggman, yet the other is almost amature, almost like someone was trying to frame Eggman. Like a disgruntled protege." Shadow said, trying to piece everything together.

"I don't have any protege, why do you think I own a diner?" Eggman said he rang the bell, Orbot glared at him, and floated over, and brought a plate to Shadow.

"Hmm, well, It'd be easier if we had some system to keep track of Villains, though Villainy has gone down since I became president and Eggman retired." Shadow sighed.

"There is going to be a villain convention in two weeks at the Grand Inn convention center." Orbot said passing by.

"We could keep those records on hand then!" Shadow exclaimed, Shadow started to eat as he mused.

Suddenly, Shadow turned blue.

"Um, Shadow?" Sonic said, he stared at his husband starting to float upwards. "Shadow what happening?" Sonic asked, Orbot, who had been pouring a cup of coffee at the table, was now spilling it as he overfilled the cup, his eyes, along with everyone else's, sealed on the president.

"Umm." Shadow took a second to think. "Molting...?"

There was a still quiet. Eggman walked over and, stepping up onto the booth, he grabbed Shadow and pulled him down.

"Wow, I didn't know you had psychokinetic ability, is it due to a chaos boost from your regeneration cycle?" Eggman asked.

"Sure." Shadow said, tired and embarrased.

"Could I get a sample of your blood, we can figure out what minerals are in you that amplify this- wait." Eggman's glare pointed at Shadow as Shadow finally stopped glowing and floated over to the booth. As Shadow sat back down and Sonic calmed slightly, Eggman started to laugh.

"Eggman?" Sonic asked as Eggman broke down, cackling loudly, tears coming to his glasses.

Suddenly a blue flash resonated through the diner.

"What happened!?" Silver yelled. He looked at the scene, and suddenly Orbot started to laugh as powerfully as his master.

"What's wrong!?" Cubot asked, starting to get worried, Orbot pulled Cubot over and whispered something into his auditory processor. Cubot joined the laugh track. The other's stared at the three, teared up and in a pile in their manic laughter.

"Umm, are you guy's ok?" Sonic asked, he leaned over the divider between the booths and 'kitchen.'

"Fine, fine." Eggman said, calming slightly, he stood, straightened, and slapped Sonic between the shoulder blades. "You my friend, are more than fine, congratulations!" Eggman called, Sonic looked at him confused, Shadow buried his face in his hands and call out in stress.

"Shadow what does he mean?" Sonic asked, on edge suddenly.

"I'm just molting." Shadow said quickly.