FATE Chapter 10

I woke to feel a warm pair of lips on mine. Marvin's. I opened my eye's and he smiled. Marvin's had woke again in the middle of the night and I went to sort him out. I took both of us back to the Guest room bed so as not to disturb Liam. We snuggled up, having a mummy cuddle. I was exhausted even with all the help I had been getting from friends and family.

Rob was coming today to take the boys to football but Marvin would have to stay as he was ill.

We eventually got up and I made breakfast. Rob arrived to collect the boys and Marvin cried because he wanted to go. I gave in and wrapped Marvin up warm, it was only for two hours and he wasn't going to play just watch. Rob promised to call if he needed picking up.

Tyson and Cilla had gone home for a while and that left just Alisha, Liam and I. Oh and the builders and the cat.

I heard the shower upstairs so Liam was awake. No doubt Marvin's crying had woke him. I walked up to my bedroom and took some clothes out whilst Liam was in the shower. I also changed the bed so it was fresh bedding to get back into. Alisha lay on the floor in her toy ring playing. I used it often when doing chores. That way she was always there but safe.

I laid some fresh boxers on the bed for him and nipped down stairs to put a load in the washing.

When I got back up stairs, Liam was sat on the edge of the bed in the boxers I laid out for him playing with Alisha. She was giggling away.

"Hey," I said. "How you feeling?" I asked.

"Bit better," he said.

"Yeah well back into bed," I said pointing at it.

"I'm playing," he said.

"You should be resting," I countered.

"Bed! Now!" I said.

"Bossy knickers," he mumbled to Alisha before kissing her and handing her back. He got back into bed. He had lost a lot of weight, his body was still to die for but I noticed it.

"What do you want for breakfast?" I asked as I tucked him in.

"Stop fussing," he said pushing my hands away from straightening the quilt.

"Don't even try and pull that shit with me Liam, I am your wife and I know what's best for my husband so zip it and do as you are told," I said.

He noticed I referred to him as my husband for the first time since we kissed when he became unwell.

"Nag," he said smiling.

"Too right, I am going to do this wife thing right, nagging and all," I said.

He smiled again.

"I've been practicing some lines too. Tell me what you think," I said making up something to amuse him.

I stood and made out I was an actress reciting lines in a husband and wife scene.

"What time do you call this?" I said smiling smugly at my use of a classic wife line.

I followed it with the next.

"What do you mean you are going out to the pub with your mates, over my dead body you are," I said making him laugh.

"And this one you can help me with, I ask and you answer," I said. "Does my bum look big in this?" I asked turning and brushing my hands over it. I nodded for him to answer.

"Erm I don't know... come over here and let me feel it for good measure?" he said raising an eyebrow as he got it wrong on purpose.

"No, no, no.... that is not the answer," I said shaking my head in mock disappointment. "Ok let's try this one instead."