FATE Chapter 14

Cilla and I stood hugging each other in the front room when Tyson and Louisa came running in with their little boy.

Tyson came over and joined in our hug. "Where is he?" he asked.

"You're dad has gone with him to ID the body," Cilla said. She just couldn't stop crying. I think it was the shock. "The amount of times I wished that woman harm but I would never have wished this on her," she said.

"Where's the little un?" Louisa asked.

"In the garden with the boys," Cilla answered. "I feel like I am reliving a nightmare," she said and burst into tears again. "He is the spitting image of him Tyson. The absolute double. It breaks my heart to think what he has been through and that she got to keep him all this time. If I'd have known I would have stopped at nothing to take that baby away from her."

Tyson hugged her close as she sobbed her heart out. "Come on mum don't let him see you like this, you know how Liam gets when you are upset. It's not Liam. It's another little boy and now he is safe here with us too."

"Tyson you ain't seen him, I dare not go near him for what marks I might find on him and the memories it will drag up. I try to look on you boys as grown men but you will always be my baby boys and when I see things like this it is like peeling back the layers of the past," she sobbed as Tyson held her close and rubbed his hands up and down her arm and back comforting her.

"We like being your baby boys and always will be," he said. "And you will always be our mummy."

I wondered if this was what I was going to be like in years to come with my boys.

"Mum, the little boy is asleep on the mud," Joe said.

"I'll go if you want?" Louisa offered.

"It's ok, he is erm very jumpy, I better try first as he has seen me already," I said and went out to the garden.

Logan was asleep and covered in mud, his mouth full of it. I had not option but to change him now.

"Don't let him eat mud boys," I said. "It's dirty and he will get a bad belly."

They nodded. I lifted Logan and he woke screaming in panic.

"Shhh, its ok baby," I said.

He pushed at me with his arms, struggling to get free and I put him down again so he felt in control.

"It's ok," I said smiling.

He toddle off half asleep to hide behind a bush, crying all the way. I took deep breaths to hold back the tears in my eyes as I tried not to imagine what this little boy had been through to make him that jumpy.

"Hey," Tyson said. "Do you need a hand?"

I nodded. "He is in the bush," I said and pointed.

"Retreating to safety," Tyson said. "You stay back I will try and coax him out with this. Eating mud makes you thirsty."

Tyson held a baby's bottle of juice.

"Mmmm, yummy," Tyson said sitting down on the ground and pretending to drink the bottle.

"Mmm," I heard from the bush and tried not to laugh.

"Come out baba," Tyson said, "Mmmm Bob Bop," he said holding out the bottle and mimicking baby talk.

"Ta," a little voice said.

"Yeah 'Ta' it is your Bob Bop, come have a drink," he said and Logan peered out from behind the bush. Tyson's face was picture as his jaw dropped and he stared speechless.