one

jade thirlwall
-
16 years old

I still can't believe he broke up with me

I still can't believe he broke up with me. School starts tomorrow and he broke up with me? But why? What did I do wrong? I was always loyal to him, I never cheated on him. He cheated on me but you know the stupid thing I did? I took him back. I regret that I took him back. He cheated on me several times after that, I still took his stupid ass back.

I loved him with all my heart. Just because he comes from a rich and popular family and he likes me, doesn't mean that he could take away my heart and just rip it. But he did. He took everything I had, my love, my money, my space, everything. I let him in too far..too deep.

I can't believe I let him do me like that. I let him into my personal life and he just fucked it up, really bad. I mean like, "Miss?" I snapped out of my daydream. "Miss? Can I see your ID please?" I looked around and people looked so pissed off. I probably stood, thinking too much again. "Yeah, here." I said, taking out my fake ID card and him checking it out.

"Thank you Jade." I nodded my head and walked in. Of course, loud music, drunk dancing, vomit, shoes, hopefully spilled water all over the floor. That's a club for you if you ever want to go to one. I suggest not because it's very dangerous..but at this moment, I don't fucking care.

I sat at the bar tables and ran my hands through my hair. I started crying even more. I checked my phone and it was 11:58pm. "What you want, girl?" I couldn't even bear to look up but I knew I had to. I told that bartender what I wanted, "Just a regular beer mixed with vodka. I don't care how much, just do it." He nodded at me. "Thanks." I looked out over the crowd. I pictured him and I just dancing on the floor like we used to.

I felt like I was going through hell. I guess I could consider this my first official heartbreak. I felt someone sit down next to me. I hoped it was him so I shot right up. Only to find that it was someone else. "Sorry..I thought you were someone else." I put my head back down and continued sobbing. "Hey, what's wrong?" The guy next to me asked. I shook my head signaling him that I didn't want to.

"Okay that's fine. I'll sit here until you're ready to talk. Hey, can I have a Sprite please? Just a regular is fine." He's not drinking? That's the first time I've ever heard of someone not drinking an alcoholic drink at a club. I sat up and looked at him, "You're not drinking?"

"Oh, so now you wanna talk?" He said, smirking. "I'm only talking because I'm curious. Why aren't you drinking?" He turned to me, "I see a girl crying and I can't sit and talk through her problems?" I saw his eyes and they were really beautiful. Ocean blue eyes, I'll tell ya that. "What are you? A therapist? AND WHERE'S MY BEER AND VODKA?" I shouted towards the bartender.

He brought over my drink and I immediately started to chug it down. "No, I just wanna help a young girl who shouldn't be in here." I choked on my drink. "What did you say?" "I said, your not the age you say you are you?" "No, I am 22." "Okay, if you say so." He smiled while drinking his drink. "How old are you?" "I'm 27, why?" "You don't look 27. What do you do for a living?" "I'm a teacher at a new school. What do you do for a living huh?"

"Well aha, I um, I work in...interior design." Interior design? What the fuck is that? "Oh, interior design huh? What have you designed?" "Well..uh I have designed a bedroom for a little girl. It was a birthday gift." I said, drinking more of my beer. "Well, that's lovely. What's your name, darling?" "I'm Jade, what's your name?" "My name is Luke." He said, taking my hand and kissing it.

My heart was racing, he was such a gentlemen. He smiled at me and continued to drink his drink. I took my phone and opened it up. "I don't usually do this with guys I've just met but um.." I handed him my phone. "Could you put your number in my phone?" My eyes stared to tear, I'm always afraid of rejection so I was afraid that he was gonna say no.

He looked at my phone and said, "Nice phone you got here. iPhone 6 or 7?" I looked at him with my hand held out in front of him. "If you don't want to, you could just say no." He looked at my phone again and began to put his number in. "Here, call me anytime you want love." He said, handing me back my phone, getting up, and began to walk away.

I quickly turned around and grabbed his arm. "Wait." I said to him. He looked at me but he walked back to his seat. "What's wrong?" He looked genuinely concerned. "I just..I just um.." I said, holding his hand now. "I just wanted to thank you for talking to me and just messing around with me. I needed a little laughter inside of me."

He looked at me with his blue eyes. "You're very welcome. Like I said, call me anytime that you need me. I'll always be available." I was expecting him to leave but he didn't. He just sat there, squeezing his hand tighter than me. I looked up at him and I don't know what happened but I kissed him. He kissed me back and it was special. Just very special.