four

jade thirlwall
-
nice to see you

"Jade honey, it's time to get up

"Jade honey, it's time to get up. Are you up?" I had fallen asleep and little bit too late actually.. "Uh..yeah mam, I'm up! Don't worry! I'll be out in 5 minutes!" "Okay hon, your father and I will be eating breakfast! We'll save some for—" "Yeah, I got it mom!"

I got up and immediately saw my clothes that I wore yesterday. I picked them up and threw them into my laundry basket. I took some forty clothes that I had on the floor and put them over the night clothes and prayed that they didn't smell like alcohol.

I grabbed a new pair of clothes..aka sweater, black jeans, socks, and shoes. I grabbed my backpack and went to school with a little makeup on for today. Monday's, don't you just hate them? I got ready and brushed my teeth. I looked at myself in the mirror. "You're beautiful. Don't let anyone tear you down, you got this Jade. You can do this."

I said preparing myself for the day. Since he broke up with me..I have to tell myself everyday now to make myself pumped up and happy. Anyways, I walked downstairs to fine my mam and my pap eating cereal. I grabbed myself a bread and some Nutella and made myself a little sandwich.

"Come on mam, we're gonna be late!" We got into the car and we drove off. "Jade?" "Yes mam?" "Whats that smell?" My heart started racing. I probably didn't brush my teeth well enough. It's a good thing that school is about 5 minutes from my house.

I know I could walk but...it's cold in the morning. "What do you mean? I don't smell anything."  I said, trying to play it off. "I must be smelling things because it kind of smells like...like alcohol?" That's when I felt my heart stop and drop. "You don't drink alcohol behind my back right? You're such a good girl."

"Of course I don't, mam. That would be crazy if I did. I wouldn't want to ruin my insides." I said, little does my mom know. "Anyways mam, school is right up there. You can drop me off here since the traffic is heavy." "Okay, I'll see you later sweetie!" I waved bye at my mom since I had already slammed the door shut.

I checked my phone and it was already time for class and I wasn't even near my classroom. I didn't feel like jogging or running to my class so I speed walked to my class. It wasn't on the far side of the school though, it's near the entrance so that's good. When I finally got to my classroom, everyone was still waiting outside. I quietly whispered to someone next to me and asked, "Why is everyone waiting out here?"

"Because the teacher isn't here yet. We've checked the door and everything." I nodded my head and we all stood there, waiting. People on their phones, listening to music, talking to friends, etc. I still had a little bit of a hangover so with everyone talking so loudly, my headache came back. I heard everyone stop talking and I heard footsteps.

"I'm so sorry everyone, I know it's the first day and but I got caught in something last night." Finally, he's here. Thank god, it's cold out there and I would've went home if he didn't show up right then and there. I heard him unlock the door, at this point I was still rubbing my head and I had my head down so I didn't really see anything or anyone.

I walked into the room and it was pretty warm to my surprise. "Just take a seat wherever you'd like. I haven't arranged any assigned seats yet but I'll do them tomorrow." I heard him say. I brought my head down to my side. I sat in the front since when I sit in the back, I can't really see. Yes, I have really bad eyesight.

As soon as I knew it, everyone in the class had walked in and it was time for class. The teacher walked in and I couldn't believe my eyes. I was so shocked that I couldn't take my eyes off of him. "Okay class, my name is Mr. Hemmings and I will be your English teacher for the year." He looked around at the class until he saw me.