seven

luke hemmings
-
it's just me and her

*knock knock* "Hold on, I'll be back

*knock knock* "Hold on, I'll be back." "Okay." Jade and Kaylee both said. I walked over to the door and opened it to find Michael on his phone. "Hey dude, where's my baby?" He said, smiling. Then I heard a loud, "DADDY!" Kaylee came running to the door. She ran past me, almost hitting me, and hugging Michael.

"Aww hi baby, I missed you! Did you miss me?" "Of course I did, daddy!" "Aww, did you have fun with Mr. Luke?" She looked at me and at Jade, "Yes daddy I did, Ms. Jade is here too and she told me some really funny stories." "Ms. Jade? Who's that?" He looked at Kaylee and then at me. I pointed at Jade. She's just a friend."

My stomach curled when I said 'Friend'. I wish she wasn't but she is..for a moment. "Okay, ready to go home sweetie?" "Yeah, I'm tired." "Okay, hold my hand while I talk to Mr. Luke for a minute." She didn't say anything and just held his hand. "You had a woman over? When my daughter was here?" "Stop, we just hung out with Kaylee and played some games."

"You sure?" He looked at Jade and she just waved, she looked at me like she was asking me what's wrong. I shook my head and she mouthed 'okay'. "Yeah I'm pretty sure. She's just a student of mi...student of minority," What the hell am I saying? "Minority meaning where she teaches a small group of people about life."

"Oh..okay? Well, that's good that you finally have someone in your life." "I'm sorry? How do you know that?" "Well..ever since you've moved here, I've never heard you talk with someone—" "Waif, have you been spying on me?" "Well, not exactly spying..but—" "Get out of my apartment!" I shut the door and was furious and thought about what other things he has heard through the walls..

"Everything okay?" Jade asked once I reached the couch again. I rubbed the back of my neck and said, "No, I just found something out that really really..really shocked me.." "What was the thing?" "Oh it's nothing you should worry about, but still..let's talk a little quieter." "Okay." "So..what are you thinking about?" I asked her.

"What do you mean?" "About tomorrow..are you gonna come to class tomorrow?" "Luke.." "I need to know this. If you're not going to come, then I don't know how I would feel." "I'll be there. Just for tomorrow, if I can't handle the pressure to be in the same area as you, then I'll leave the class and switch my schedule."

I gulped and I was holding back my tears. I quietly said, "Okay, but just know that—"  then she hugged me. "Sorry. I felt like I had to, it was now or never." She pulled back and wiped a tear from her eye. "Woah, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" "It's um..don't worry." "No Jade, just tell me. It's alright." "Okay um..it's just my luck."

"Your luck? What do you mean?" "I mean like, it's just my luck..my luck that I met someone like you who is so damn sweet and kind and fucking gorgeous as hell..and I can't have you. I can't have you and it hurts because I'm too young and you're way older than me and I've been thinking about that." I felt awful, I didn't know what to say or what to do.

"You know..it's fine. I just needed to tell someone and it's been bothering me. I don't wanna say I like or love you just yet because it's too soon and I broke up with my boyfriend a few days ago and it's very hard to be with someone and maybe I'm crazy, I think I'm crazy but I just—" I kissed her. I kissed Jade, I actually kissed her this time..and she wasn't drunk. I kissed her and she kissed me back. I pulled away and told her..

"You are crazy." "That's not very nice." She said softly. "Jade, you are crazy. I'm crazy, I don't wanna say I like or love you too but I can't feel it. I feel it in my heart and I can't put it aside. I love being near you, I love seeing you, I love hearing your voice. You're crazy because..we're both crazy together. I know that might not make any sense but I want to be crazy..with you."

Jade wiped another tear, and there were tears flowing down her cheeks. I wiped some and said, "Hey, don't cry. It's okay, I just want you to be happy with whatever you want to do or who you want to be with." "I know. It's just that I want to be..with you. I want you but I can't, I don't want you to get caught being with a minor."

A minor..that means I have to wait 2 more years until she's officially legal to be with whoever she wants to be with. "I'm sorry Luke but I have to get going. It's almost 5:30 and my mom should be home any minute." I nodded my head. I walked her towards the door and opened it for her. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow?" "Sure, I'll be there." I went in for a hug and she gave me a hug back.

It felt as if the hug went on for a long time, I didn't want to let her go. If I let her go, then it felt like I was giving up something that I really loved. I pulled away and she started to walk away. "Bye!" I said to her. She turned around, smiled at me, and waved back. It was too hard for me to say goodbye. I never wanted to let her go.

I want her. I need her in my life.