five

luke hemmings
-
be professional

I had told the class who I was

I had told the class who I was. I was excited. Sure, I was nervous to have moved from Australia all the way to California but it was brand new and it was special. I looked around the examined the room. I felt someone staring at me so I looked to my right and my heart stopped.

It-it was her, the girl from the bar! Of course, she had less makeup but if it wasn't her, then why would be looking at me in a strange way? I started to laugh a little in a 'I can't believe this' way, "Whats so funny, Mr. Hemmings?" A girl asked me. "Oh..um nothing. I just remember something funny that my friend had told me yesterday. So..um..you guys are sophomores?"

"Juniors! We're graduating next year sir!" A guy called out randomly. "Thank you! That helps!" Jade wasn't 22, she's 16 or 17! I'm a 35 year old man, how could I do this? But why do I feel something more that happened between—I can't talk like this, I have to be professional. "So, now I am going to pick one volunteer to hand out this worksheet. It's very explanatory but please read it through carefully."

I looked around the room but I knew exactly who I was going to pick. I walked over to her desk and asked her, "Hey, do you want to hand out papers?" She shook her head, "Oh come on, don't worry. It's not that and. Come and follow me." I took her to the main hallway where all the teachers hang out and asked her, "Why?" "I-I don't know what you're talking about sir."

She said playing innocent. "Stop playing dumb Jade, why? How?" "Okay, I'm sorry...I really liked you when I first saw you and I knew that when I told you my real age, you were obviously going to freak out and run off. I didn't want you to, but you're here and—" "Jade, I kissed you. How old are you?" "16.." "16 years old, Jade I'm way older than you! Do you know what that means?"

She shook her head. Of course, a clueless girl who doesn't know that, "Jade I could go to jail if anyone finds out! You're 16, going to a club, drinking, probably having illegal sex!" "That's not what it's called." "I don't give a damn about what it's called." I grabbed the papers off of the table and handed it to her. "Go on, pass them out like the school girl you are. Go."

I know that was harsh but now that I'm her teacher, I need to act like one and be straight up with her. She began to pass out the papers while I began to write something on the board. "Please complete this assignment. Like I said before, it is self explanatory but if you still need help, don't be afraid to come up to me and ask me. It is due by the end of class today so please finish it."

Jade has finished passing out the papers and while she walked back to her seat, she gave me a sad look. That made me a little upset..but I had to get over it quickly. I saw someone get up and come over to my desk. I looked up and it was Jade.

-

jade thirlwall
-
so glad you care

I finished passing out the papers and my heart felt broken

I finished passing out the papers and my heart felt broken. I had already gotten out of a relationship with a boy that I loved. I met this wonderful man who was special to me and now he treats me as a student. I know that it's the law that you shouldn't date your student or shit can go down..but I want him. I..I need him.

I walked back to my seat. I saw him sit down and looked up, I gave him a sad look. I was heartbroken over a man who became my teacher and doesn't want anything to do with me. I wrote something down on my paper. I got up to 'ask' him a question. He looked up and I saw those blue sparkly eyes. I loved it so much.

"I..I need your help. I don't quite understand what you're saying here." I put down the paper and I had him read the note I wrote a few seconds ago. I know you don't want anything to do with me, but I really need someone who will be there. Could you be that someone? He read it and took a deep breath. "Okay, so what I'm saying here is that—" He didn't even look at me.

"You know what? I understand now, never mind. I'm sorry." I quickly walked back to my seat and sat down, ran my fingers through my hair, and felt a lump in my throat. I don't know why I was beginning to cry over this man. Before I knew it, class was over.

"Bye everyone! I promise, tomorrow we will be doing something bigger and you will be presenting it in front of the class. See you all tomorrow!" He said, smiling. I plugged my earphones into my phone and listening. I recently bought this country artist named Danielle Bradbery and her songs make me feel better.

Then I felt my phone buzz.

Luke 😁: what do you mean?

I looked back at him and he was looking at me every now and then, out the door. I texted him back.

Me: you don't get it? you know I broke up with him, I just need a friend. I don't care if you're my something or not, I just need a friend.

Luke 😁: okay, I'll be there for you. We just have to careful since I'm your teacher now :(